Voting Starts for the 2012 Week 2 Pepsi Max NFL Rookie of the Week (Must-See Gallery)
Want to know who gets more excited than Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi Max with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise that once again this season — for the second straight year — Panini America and Pepsi would join forces to help promote Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere will be some sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL Facebook page each week in a special Pepsi Rookie of the Week gallery, across social media platforms and NFL.com. Each week during the 2012 NFL season, Panini America will feature the five Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini America football card design. (Stay tuned to The Knights Lance, the Panini America Facebook page and the Panini America Twitter account to find out about new Panini America designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into the Pepsi Rookie of the Week promotion.
Now for the fun stuff!
Vote for the NFL Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week each week during the NFL regular season. Then share the image of the Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on your Facebook page, on the Panini America Facebook page and on Twitter. Be sure to use the #PepsiROW hashtag and mention @PaniniAmerica to be eligible to win prizes throughout the season.
We’ll have more details as the season progresses. But for now, here are your Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week Week 2 Nominees:
- St. Louis Rams P Johnny Hekker averaged 54.3 yards per punt and netted 48.7 yards per punt as he helped the Rams beat the Washington Redskins, 31-28. Hekker had a game-long 66-yard punt in the fourth quarter as well as pinning one punt inside the Redskins 20.
- Indianapolis Colts QB Andrew Luck threw for 224 yards and two touchdowns on 20 of 31 attempts as the Colts beat the Minnesota Vikings, 23-20.
- Cleveland Browns RB Trent Richardson tallied a game-high 109 yards on 19 carries with one touchdown in the Browns’ 34-27 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. Richardson also caught four passes for 36 yards and another touchdown.
- Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill completed 18 of 30 passes for 200 yards and one touchdown as the Dolphins beat the Oakland Raiders, 35-13.
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson completed 15 of 20 passes for 151 yards and one touchdown and accounted for 28 yards on the ground in the Seahawks’ 27-7 win over the Dallas Cowboys.