Panini America Releases Preliminary Plans for 2012 Toronto Fall Expo Redemption
Beginning next Friday, thousands of Canada’s most passionate collectors (and a few from south of the border) will descend upon the Toronto International Centre to take part in the three-day spectacle known as the 2012 Toronto Fall Expo. As has become customary, Panini America will be there supporting the event with a one-of-a-kind wrapper-redemption program sure to be the talk of the show from beginning to end — and long thereafter.
Panini America has once again created a must-have promotional set that includes Rookie Cards numbered to 399, unique memorabilia cards featuring hats and materials worn and used at the NHLPA Rookie Showcase, one-of-a-kind sketch cards, instant-win redemption cards good for autographed memorabilia and much, much more.
This year’s special set, distributed via those patented two-card, silver-foil packs, will include:
- A 25-card NHL base set featuring the top names in the league (with a focus on the Canadian market), including 10 Rookie Cards numbered to just 399.
- A 22-card Score Hot Rookies boasting a design taken directly from the landmark 1990 set and featuring players from all four of North America’s major sports. Each card in the Hot Rookies set, which was previewed in all of its glory last weekend right here on The Knight’s Lance, will be numbered to 399.
- An 18-card Rookie Materials insert featuring jerseys and hats worn by several rookies from the worlds of basketball, football and hockey.
- Tools of the Trade memorabilia cards of Chris Kreider embedded with huge swatches of towel Kreider used during the 2012 NHLPA Rookie Showcase.
- Additional scarce insert cards randomly inserted and numbered to either five or only one.
- The return of original 1/1 NHL Player Sketch Cards and autographed pieces of memorabilia distributed via instant-win redemption cards.
Here’s the breakdown of how Panini America’s wrapper-redemption packs will be distributed:
- Collectors opening a box of 2012-13 Certified Hockey at the Panini America booth will receive six wrapper-redemption packs
- Collectors opening a box of 2012-13 Score Hockey at the Panini America booth will receive one wrapper-redemption pack
Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for more sneak-peek images and complete coverage of next week’s 2012 Toronto Fall Expo. Until then, enjoy this first look at the 25-card base set and five-card Team Colors insert . . .