Panini Peek: 2012-13 Panini Basketball
It’s a common question around these parts, one we get quite often from passionate basketball collectors spanning the globe: Does Panini America ever plan to produce another Panini-branded NBA release with a big base set like it did back in 2009-10? The answer to that question before today has been “possibly.” The answer to that question today, however, is “absolutely.”
Releasing in late February, 2012-13 Panini Basketball marks the proud return of a standalone, Panini-branded product that features a 300-card base set, a 60-card Rookie Card autograph subset featuring stars of the 2011-12 and 2012-13 classes, a rare Knights of the Round die-cut parallel, five unique autographed inserts and 50 Dress Code Jumbo memorabilia cards.
Each box of 2012-13 Panini Basketball (10 cards per pack, 24 packs per box) will deliver two autographs, seven Knight parallels, three Spirit of the Game, three Heroes of the Hall, three Matching Numbers and three additional inserts.
Other highlights include . . .
- Hall of Fame Signatures — The game’s greatest legends and their autographs on a clean, classy design
- Spokesmen Signatures — We’ve gathered signatures from all of Panini America’s superstar spokesmen — Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin, Kyrie Irving and Anthony Davis — for this insert that includes two- and three-player combinations
- Rated Rookie Autographs — The Rated Rookie comes to the hardwood with these special autograph patch cards
- All-Panini — A 100-card tribute to the game’s greatest current superstars with a Gold parallel numbered to only 25
- The Knight! — The most recognizable manufacturer logo in all of sports cards gets the superstar treatment with its own insert that includes a base version, a Black Knight parallel version numbered to 10 and a special die-cut Knights of the Round version that will fall at about one per case
We’ll have tons more 2012-13 Panini Basketball to preview in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But for now, enjoy this extended first-look gallery: