Panini Peek: 2013 Select Baseball
The Select resurgence continues. Panini America first revived the landmark brand from the late Nineties with 2012-13 Select Basketball, reinvigorating the venerable franchise with the company’s stunning Prizm technology. The trend will follow suit early next month with 2013-14 Select Hockey and then in December with 2013 Select Football.
Today, company officials made it unanimous with the announcement of 2013 Select Baseball coming just in time for Christmas. The first Select Baseball offering since 1998 will dip into its proud past to deliver the Prizm-powered En Fuego insert as well as updated versions of bygone favorites such as Select Team (inspired by Score’s Dream Team), Select Future and Select Skills.
Each seven-pack mini box of 2013 Select Baseball will deliver two autographs, two Prizms, one Rookie Card, one Skills, one En Fuego and one Thunder Alley. There will be two mini boxes per master box, meaning each will yield four autographs, five Prizms (including one retired-player SP), two retired-player SPs, two Rookie Cards, two Skills, two En Fuego and two Thunder Alley.
2013 Select Baseball is bolstered by autographed Rookie Cards of Wil Myers, Manny Machado and Shelby Miller and the Select Autographs insert that includes Silver Prizm, Gold Prizm and Black Prizm versions.
Other highlights of the product include . . .
- Yasiel Puig Rookie Cards.
- Rookie Prizms and Rookie Autographs Prizms will be numbered to 99; Rookie Gold Prizms and Rookie Autographs Gold Prizms will be numbered to 25.
- This 75-card Rookie Autographs subset contains the top rookies, numbered to 750 or 500. Included in the set you’ll find players such as Shelby Miller, Wil Myers, Gerrit Cole and Jurickson Profar among others.
- The 50-card Rookie Card subset features rookie sensation Puig and many more. You’ll also Prizm parallels numbered to 99, Gold Prizms numbered to 25 and Black Prizms numbered to only one.
- This 100-card Sigantures set features a mixture of current and retired players. Among the current stars you’ll find are Joe Mauer, David Wright, Troy Tulowitzki, Stephen Strasburg and Yoenis Cespedes. Also, look for retired stars such as Ken Griffey Jr., Cal Ripken Jr., Rickey Henderson and Roger Clemens.
- In the Zone, On Fire, or En Fuego. However you choose to describe it, this set features players who fit
- into that category. These are some of the hottest-looking cards you’ll find using Prizm technology.
- The 10-card Select Team insert was inspired by the Score Dream Team inserts from the early part of the 1990s. They are complete with an updated look and feel on the enhanced Prizm technology.
- The 15-card Select Futures insert set focuses on 2013 Draft Class with top picks such as Kris Bryant, Jonathan Gray, Kohl Stewart, No. 1 pick Mark Appel and more.
We’ll have much more to preview on 2013 Select Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. Until then, though, enjoy this extended first look at the product.