Voting Begins for Week 5 Pepsi NEXT NFL Rookie of the Week (Virtual Card Gallery)
Want to know who gets just as excited as Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi NEXT with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise that once again this season — for the third straight year — Panini America and Pepsi would join forces to help promote Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere will be some sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL Facebook page each week in a special Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week gallery, as well as across social media platforms and NFL.com. Each week during the 2013 NFL season, Panini America will feature the five Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini America football card design. (Stay tuned to The Knights Lance, the Panini America Facebook page and the Panini America Twitter account to find out about new Panini America designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into the Pepsi Rookie of the Week promotion.
Now for the fun stuff!
Vote for the NFL Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week each week during the 2013 NFL regular season. Then share the virtual card image of the Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on Twitter. Be sure to use the #PepsiROW hash tag and mention @PaniniAmerica to be eligible to win prizes throughout the season.
We’ll have more details as the season progresses. But for now, here are your Week 5 nominees for Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week:
- New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith completed 16-of-20 passes for 199 yards and three touchdowns in the Jets’ 30-28 victory over the Atlanta Falcons. Smith also rushed three times for 21 yards.
- Arizona Cardinals cornerback Tyrann Mathieu had five tackles and a sack in the Cardinals’ 22-6 victory over the Carolina Panthers.
- St. Louis Rams running back Zac Stacy tallied 78 yards on 14 carries in the Rams’ 34-20 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy rushed for 99 yards on 23 carries in the Packers’ 22-9 victory over the Detroit Lions.
- Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrance Williams posted four receptions for 151 yards and a touchdown in the Cowboys’ 51-48 loss to the Denver Broncos.