Voting Begins for Week 6 Pepsi NEXT NFL Rookie of the Week (Virtual Card Gallery)
Want to know who gets just as excited as Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi NEXT with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise that once again this season — for the third straight year — Panini America and Pepsi would join forces to help promote Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere will be some sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL Facebook page each week in a special Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week gallery, as well as across social media platforms and NFL.com. Each week during the 2013 NFL season, Panini America will feature the five Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini America football card design. (Stay tuned to The Knights Lance, the Panini America Facebook page and the Panini America Twitter account to find out about new Panini America designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into the Pepsi Rookie of the Week promotion.
Now for the fun stuff!
Vote for the NFL Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week each week during the 2013 NFL regular season. Then share the virtual card image of the Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on Twitter. Be sure to use the #PepsiROW hash tag and mention @PaniniAmerica to be eligible to win prizes throughout the season.
We’ll have more details as the season progresses. But for now, here are your Week 6 nominees for Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week:
- St. Louis Rams linebacker Alec Ogletree tallied five tackles and recorded a 98-yard interception return for a touchdown in the Rams’ 38-13 victory over the Houston Texans.
- Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy rushed for a career-high 120 yards on 23 carries in the Packers’ 19-17 victory over the defending-champion Baltimore Ravens.
- Detroit Lions tight end Joseph Fauria posted three receptions for 34 yards and three touchdowns in the Lions’ 31-17 victory over the Cleveland Browns.
- Buffalo Bills linebacker Kiko Alonso recorded a league-high 22 tackles in an overtime loss against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- San Diego Chargers receiver Keenan Allen had nine receptions for 107 yards and a touchdown in the Chargers’ 19-9 Monday night win over the Indianapolis Colts.