Panini Peek: 2014 Donruss Baseball Series 2
There’s really only one proper way for Panini America officials to follow up 2014 Donruss Baseball, one of the most refreshing and successful throwback products of the season: With a good, old-fashioned Series 2 offering. So that’s exactly what they’re going to do.
In early August, Panini America will release 2014 Donruss Baseball Series 2 featuring a fresh ensemble of Rated Rookies (including Masahiro Tanaka), Recollection Collection Autograph BuyBacks (including some signed by Anaheim slugger Albert Pujols in a recent session for Panini America) and Turn of the Century Autographs. In addition, 2014 Donruss Baseball Series 2 will reintroduce collectors to the fabled Jersey Kings and Bat Kings memorabilia cards and the Passing the Torch Autographs.
Due out August 6, 2014 Donruss Baseball Series 2 will deliver two autographs and one Jersey Kings of Bat Kings card in every 24-pack box (eight cards per pack). In fact, every hobby box will yield more than 50 parallels or inserts on average.
Other highlights of the product include . . .
- A brand new checklist with updated player lists in all sets.
- More than 50 of the top rookies are showcased throughout the program with inserts that include Rated Rookies, The Rookies, Elite Series and Diamond Kings.
- Jersey Kings return to the hobby for the first time since 2005 featuring a unique design coupled with high-profile talent. Look for a Jersey Kings Studio Series Prime parallel printed on canvas stock numbered to 25, as well as a Bat Kings version.
- Elite Series inserts numbered to 999 featuring an up-close image, an action shot and a classic Donruss design. What better way to welcome the young crop of talent and say goodbye to a legend?
- Passing the Torch Signatures makes its 2014 baseball debut with superstar legends, current stars and rookie pairings.
We’ll have plenty more on 2014 Donruss Baseball Series 2 in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But for now, enjoy this extended first look at the product: