Panini America Peeks the Uniqueness of the Memorabilia Coming to 2015 Father’s Day
From the very beginning, the true beauty of Panini America’s promotional sets that have made hobby holidays out of Black Friday and Father’s Day, and that continue to steal the show every year at the National Sports Collectors Convention, has always been content. And the more unorthodox or eclectic the game-used and player-worn content, the better.
It’s the reason that Panini America promotional cards featuring pieces of Super Bowl-used end zone pylons . . . or pieces of game-used Salute to Service and Breast Cancer Awareness footballs . . . or pieces of sweat-soiled towels from the sports world’s top rookies . . . or pieces of hats worn on Draft Night remain in demand long after their original release.
That’s a proud promotional history to be sure — and its paved the way for a 2015 Panini Father’s Day creation that might just be the most content-rich promo set yet. Collectors across the country will see that for themselves later this week when the promotion begins. But as something of a stage-setter, here’s the short list of some of this year’s more unique inclusions . . .
- Historic, player-worn 2015 NFL Draft hats from NFL Draft night.
- Player-worn jerseys from the recently completed 2015 NBA Draft Combine.
- Game-used footballs and pylons from the 2014 NFL season, including some that were used by the New England Patriots on their march to Super Bowl XLIX.
- Memorabilia and prime-memorabilia worn by some of the game’s top rookies across all three major sports.
- Jersey-button 1/1s acquired during the 2015 Panini Spring Training Road Trip.
But even with that impressive array of game-used and player-worn content, few can challenge this notion: Arguably the most unique memorabilia cards created for Panini America’s 2015 Father’s Day set are the ones that feature pieces of a game-used challenge flag from the Sept. 7, 2014 game between the Patriots and Miami Dolphins, the first such cards ever produced.
In the must-see gallery that follows, we offer your first look at these history-makers as well as a huge array of other memorabilia marvels randomly inserted into packs and on their way to participating hobby shops as we speak. Enjoy the gallery and stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for continued coverage of 2015 Father’s Day.