Panini America Provides Detailed First Look at 2015 Elite Extra Edition Baseball
Two days before Christmas, Panini America will unleash the annual baseball prospecting gift known as Elite Extra Edition Baseball for the 2015 season, bolstered by a bevy of on-card autographs from the game’s top prospects, a heavy dose of international talent and the EEE debut of Panini America’s popular Silhouettes autograph memorabilia cards.
Each hobby box of 2015 Elite Extra Edition Baseball (five cards per pack, 20 packs per box) will deliver six autographs, five inserts, four numbered die-cut and one USA Baseball Game Jersey card. As has become customary in any Elite Extra Edition Baseball offering, the 2015 version also features coveted — and randomly inserted — Hot Boxes that deliver between eight and 10 autographs.
The highlights of 2015 Elite Extra Edition Baseball are many and include . . .
- On-card signatures of the league’s top prospects and 2015 draftees featuring college draft picks in their college uniforms. Look for some of the first autographs of Dansby Swanson, Alex Bregman, Yoan Moncada, Lucius Fox, Vladimir Guerrero Jr., Orlando Arcia, Brendan Rodgers, Dillon Tate, Andrew Benintendi, Carson Fulmer, Ian Happ, Kyle Ticker, Daz Cameron, Tyler Jay, James Kapriellian, Gleyber Torres and Jorge Mateo. Also look for new hobby-exclusive signed Printing Plate 1/1s.
- Look for dual-signed cards with pairings like Mariano Rivera/Mariano Rivera III, Fernando Valenzuela/Julio Urias, Cal Ripken Jr./Ryan Ripken, Vladimir Guerrero/Vladimir Guerrero Jr., Yoan Moncada/Yadier Alvarez, Rafael Devers/Manuel Margot and Carson Fulmer/Dansby Swanson. Find Gold and Black parallels numbered to five and one, respectively.
- The new Future Threads Silhouette Signatures insert boasts an oversized piece of jersey and an autograph from the likes of Moncada, Margot, Luis Severino, Kyle Schwarber, Brett Phillips, Michael Conforto, Lucas Giolito, Wei-Chieh Huang, Ketel Marte, Aaron Nola, Miguel Sano and Trea Turner. Also find hobby-exclusive parallels numbered to 25 or less.
- Land fascinating player combinations in the return of the fabled Passing the Torch Autographs insert.
- A massive 200-card base set of the top 2015 draft selections and prospects. Each player will boast die-cut parallels numbered to 200 or less and autographed parallels numbered to 100 or less.
We’ll have plenty more on 2015 Elite Extra Edition Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. Until then, though, here’s your first extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.