Panini America Provides a Bonus First Look at 2015 Black Gold Football (Gallery)
By just about every account, Panini America’s 2014 Black Gold Football took the collecting world by storm last season, splashing onto the NFL trading card landscape as an instant frontrunner for Best New Product of the Year. The product delivered an undeniably innovative combination of aesthetics and technology, and raised the bar considerably in regards to compelling memorabilia and autograph content.
Such a stirring debut, of course, has only heightened expectations for the highly anticipated encore — 2015 Black Gold Football — that is slated to arrive in late January. Judging by early glimpses at the upcoming 2015 edition, those lofty expectations are warranted. Keep reading to find out more.
Each two-pack box of 2015 Black Gold Football (five cards per pack) will deliver two Shadowbox base cards, two Shadowbox inserts, a mix of four autograph, autograph memorabilia or Gold Disk cards and two manufactured metal logo cards.
Other highlights of the product include . . .
- An increase in the amount of on-card autographed content over 2014.
- Metallic Marks Solid Gold signature cards featuring autographs signed on 14-karat gold.
- Strike even more gold in the Gold Standard 14K Gold insert set.
- Find on-card autographs from the best of the 2015 NFL rookie class in the Sizeable Signatures and Grand Debut AUtograph jersey sets, including 1/1 NFL Shield variations.
- Every pack contains one metallic logo card including the all-new Quad Team Symbols and 2015 NFL Draft Symbols sets.
- The all-acetate base set returns with 50 veterans, 15 legends and 35 rookies. Including the unique 1/1 Printing Plates.
- Each pack contains an all new Shadowbox insert card. Look for 1/1 Holo Gold parallels.
- Every pack contains one autograph or autograph memorabilia card, including the best from the past, present and future.
- Look for oversized memorabilia swatches with Tag and 1-of-1 NFL Shield versions in the Massive Materials set.
We’ll have plenty more to preview on 2015 Black Gold Football in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, enjoy this first extended sneak peek — including your world-premiere first look at some finished cards delivered hot off the presses to Panini America HQ earlier this week. The next time you see these beauties, they’ll be autographed.
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.