The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2015 Contenders Football (100+ Pics)

December 31, 2015

Panini America 2015 Contenders Football QC29

It’s ironic, really, that one of the NFL’s most iconic trading card releases year in and year out bears the name “Contenders.” After all, it’s so much more than a contender every single year. It’s more like a trading card champion, an immediate Product of the Year front-runner packing landmark Rookie Ticket autographed Rookie Cards, variations, short prints and a compelling array of inserts honoring the game’s greatest superstars, veterans and newcomers.

And so it is with the highly anticipated 2015 Contenders Football, which has been quality controlled, packed out and is on its way to hobby shops across North America as you read this. It goes live January 6, just six short days from now. In the gallery that follows, we showcase a little bit of everything that this year’s release has to offer in order to get you properly prepared.

Each hobby box of 2015 Contenders Football delivers at least five autographs (including one to two on-card), three Pennants, two Rookie of the Year Contenders, one MVP Contenders, one Legendary Contenders and two additional inserts. As you’ll see below, 2015 Contenders Football pays homage to Contenders’ early years with a healthy dose of die-cut inserts.

Enjoy the Quality Control Gallery and stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for continued coverage of 2015 Contenders Football. Oh, and from all of us at Panini America: Happy New Year!

1. December 31, 2015 10:37 am

Looks like an amazing product again this year.

2. JDetter permalink
    December 31, 2015 10:52 am

When can we expect the checklist to be released?

3. kollectornet permalink
    December 31, 2015 12:16 pm

I can’t wait to get my hands on a Kamar Aiken for the pc.

• Chris permalink
      January 14, 2016 8:52 pm

First pack of contenders I opened I pulled the playoff ticket auto /199 was pumped, sweet card

4. Jeremy permalink
    December 31, 2015 5:37 pm

Will the Panini HOF 50th Anniversary Signatures auto’s be included in this product?

• January 1, 2016 9:02 pm

Good question, Jeremy. And one I don’t have the answer to. I don’t *THINK* so, but I will check.

5. December 31, 2015 7:12 pm

Love the Cracked Ice, wish they’d parallel some of the auto inserts. I would love to have seen the pennants done in felt as an homage to the late-90’s sets, and also see the leather die-cut footballs, both done in different color parallels with different rarities. But I don’t like the use of college teams on the tickets. They already had a college contenders set and it just adds to the confusion of an already crowded market. One last suggestion, and I’m sure it’s falling on deaf ears and will never be viewed by anyone with clout, but the last few years Contenders hasn’t really had anything design-wise to separate it from other sets, and kinda feels plain. But look at the 1999 set. It’s awesome. It has thicker cards, straight forward parallels, and a sick design. The holofoil jumps, the pics are clear and the ticket aspect isn’t cluttered. I’d love to see something like that to make the set stand apart from others. Just my opinion, which I’m sure means nothing….

6. Matt permalink
    December 31, 2015 7:49 pm

I can’t wait to get a Kamar Aiken auto as well. Being a Ravens fan it is great to see him in an auto set, I wish he had some base cards as well. Aiken came out of nowhere and has become a very consistent receiver in the league. But I don’t get why it is a rookie ticket and it has the rookie card logo on it as well. He’s been around in the NFL since 2011.

7. Kenny Kerr permalink
    January 1, 2016 1:15 pm

i got the cam newton mvp contenders should i hold onto it will you guys be doing something special with it if he gets mvp i got it from a retail box

• January 1, 2016 9:01 pm

Not this year. But still a really cool card.

• Kenny Kerr permalink
        January 4, 2016 7:48 am

Thanks so much for letting me know! I like the design of the mvp contenders. I got a mariota and a winston relic in my retail box 🙂 was very happy with it.

8. Rick permalink
    January 1, 2016 5:20 pm

That’s some good looking stuff! Glad these rookies are in NFL unis!

9. January 2, 2016 7:07 am

I like what I see so far other than the lack of Colts autos in the gallery, where is Phillip Dorsett? Thanks Tracy!

10. MakeitRain permalink
    January 3, 2016 9:25 am

How about a checklist Panini 3 days till launch🤐

1. matt4486 2015 Panini Contenders Football (3) Case Team Draft Break - Page 4 - Blowout Cards Forums
  2. 2015 Contenders, "Coaches Tickets" are Back - Blowout Cards Forums
  3. NFL Contenders is Live - Blowout Cards Forums
  4. The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2015 Contenders Football (100+ Pics) - Blowout Cards Forums
  5. Teaser Gallery: Panini America Breaks Early Boxes of 2015-16 Totally Certified Basketball | The Official Panini America Blog
  6. Teaser Gallery: Panini America Breaks Two Early Boxes of 2015 Contenders Football | The Official Panini America Blog