The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2015-16 Limited Basketball (81 Images)

March 30, 2016

Panini America 2015-16 Limited Basketball QC3

One week from today, Panini America’s popular Limited Basketball brand makes a triumphant return to the hardwood following a not-so-limited hiatus that last saw the product released during the 2012-13 collecting season. As you’ll see in the Quality Control Gallery that follows, much of what collectors have long coveted in the Limited brand — scarcity, cool designs and content-rich rookie, veteran and legend checklists — returns firmly intact in 2015-16 Limited Basketball.

Longtime Limited loyalists will appreciate the presence of calling-card inclusions such as Spotlight parallels, Glass Cleaners, Limited Duos, Limited Trios, Material Monikers, Phenoms, Rookie Phenoms and Rookie Jersey Autographs. All autographs are numbered to 99 or less and each five-card box delivers three autograph or memorabilia cards, on average.

We’ll have plenty more on 2015-16 Limited Basketball in the coming days right here on The Knight’s Lance. But for now, check out this extended gallery featuring some of the cards that surfaced during the recent Quality Control process.

1. ericjoshua permalink
    March 30, 2016 4:47 pm

I really dig the limited expecially the Nick Names!!! Can’t wait to open them live!
    Thanks to Panini for making them!

2. March 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Limited is one of my favorite programs in any sport, this edition of basketball looks more than solid. I like the change in foil colors to help identify parallels and the die cut relic windows especially. I’m a bit disappointed at all sticker autos, but I’m sure other releases will be on-card heavy. Thanks Tracy!

3. jim permalink
    March 30, 2016 11:26 pm

The cards in the gallery above look pretty nice. Like Hudsonfan, I see a lot of sticker autos which to me stand out after several 15-16 products that feature primarily hard signed sigs. The biggest issue, in my opinion, is the die-cut words on the memorabilia cards. They look fine with a sold colored jersey swatch but when you put a patch behind all that “busyness”, it’s tough to enjoy the full effect of the patch. Try putting a bunch of stuff in front of the nice Towns, Porzingis or Young patches in the gallery. You lose the impact of the patch. Also, all the die-cutting makes for easily damaged cards.

4. March 31, 2016 1:28 am

Not really liking the design much- I like real photos, not just cut outs of players- but I am glad to see Mejri and Jokic finally getting cards! I will probably not be able to afford a box of this set so I will have to try and pick up a card of each of them on the secondary market.

5. Scott permalink
    March 31, 2016 9:04 am

Really like the design of these, but has Panini given up on on-card autos? Distracts from some really well done cards.

• April 1, 2016 12:06 pm

By no means have we given up on on-card autographs.

• Scott permalink
        April 4, 2016 7:17 am

While I believe you Tracy, I’m seeing more and more stickers across all the products. Maybe a better question is, “has Panini given up on on-card autos for all but he highest end sets?” There’s 28 auto’s in the preview above and they are all stickers.

6. March 31, 2016 10:39 pm

on-card heavy releases ? haha yeah high end stuff like flawless but the rest will be like this…. I miss the good old days…. I lay down and cry now haha

7. George permalink
    April 1, 2016 6:59 am

For real? All of them are sticker autograph

1. The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2015-16 Limited Basketball (81 Images) - Blowout Cards Forums
  2. Teaser Gallery: Panini America Cracks Four Early Boxes of 2015-16 Limited Basketball | The Official Panini America Blog