Panini America Bringing Popular Black Gold Brand to Basketball (Preview Gallery)
Most collectors will tell you that Panini America’s inaugural edition of Black Gold Football earned instant-classic status when it released late during the 2014 NFL product season. Steeped in innovative designs, unique inclusions and drop-dead-gorgeous aesthetics, that original Black Gold Football release blazed a trail and begged the question: Would the Black Gold concept work in other sports?
The answer, of course, is a resounding “yes!” And in late June, basketball collectors will finally have a Black Gold to call their very own, complete with many of the pioneering components that have made the first two football releases so successful. Set to release on June 29, each box of 2015-16 Black Gold Basketball (four cards per pack, two packs per box) will deliver four autograph or memorabilia cards numbered to 199 or less on average.
The highlights of this inaugural release are many and include . . .
- Autograph cards featuring oversized memorabilia pieces in Rookie Jersey Autographs and Rookie Sizable Signatures.
- On-card autographs from some of the NBA’s top legends and veterans in Black Gold Signatures, with Holo Gold parallels numbered to just 10.
- Chase rare Team Emblem cards that feature the NBA’s top rookies, stars and legends, including 10 cards that showcase stunning ABA team logos. The iconic Team Emblem and Gold Disc cards fall one per case on average.
- Find plenty of unique memorabilia cards throughout Black Gold, including oversized material with Prime parallels numbered to 25 or less.
- Memorabilia cards featuring the league’s all-time great dunkers in Golden Jams.
Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for updates of 2015-16 Black Gold Basketball as the unique product continues to develop. In the meantime, enjoy this first extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.