Panini America Provides Detailed First Look at 2016 Donruss Elite Football (Gallery)
After a year away from the gridiron, one of the most established brands in the sports cards universe — Panini America’s fabled Donruss Elite — is gearing up for a highly anticipated return to the NFL with a dramatic new look, new card stock and some of the brand’s most storied inserts. Set to arrive in hobby shops across North America in late June, each hobby box of 2016 Donruss Elite Football (five cards per pack, 20 packs per box) will deliver two autographs (including at least one on-card Pen Pals) and one memorabilia card.
The 2016 edition of Donruss Elite Football is different by design and receives a jolt of freshness on everything from the base and insert cards to the product logo. As the product solicitation states, “This isn’t your father’s Elite.” For additional product details keep reading.
Every base card, Rookie Card and parallel card in 2016 Donruss Elite Football is printed on different card stock. The highlights of the product are many and include . . .
- At least one on-card Pen Pals autograph per box signed by the top rookies in the 2016 NFL Draft.
- Look for at least one Pen Pals triple-signed autograph per case on average, including SSP Ink variations.
- Find Orange and Gold parallels of Turn of the Century Autographs, which are printed on dazzling patterned card stock and numbered to just 10.
- Chase iconic Passing the Torch dual signatures numbered to 25.
- Pull rare Prime Numbers memorabilia cards featuring autograph versions numbered to nine.
- Look for Super Prime memorabilia cards and autograph memorabilia cards from the NFL’s best veterans and legends.
We’ll have plenty more on 2016 Donruss Elite Football, including information on the product’s retail counterpart, in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But for now, enjoy this early sneak peek (keeping in mind that the 2015 rookies featured in the preview gallery below are merely to show collectors what Donruss Elite’s various rookie designs will look like):
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.