Panini America Delivers Detailed First Look at 2016 Donruss Football (Preview Gallery)
The venerable Donruss brand finally has a stable home in the NFL. Last year, Panini America officials released Donruss Football as a standalone product for the first time since 2002. In early August, the product will make its second consecutive appearance with a 2016 Donruss Football release that features a big base set (400 cards) and the presence of calling-card staples such as Rated Rookies, Passing the Torch, Dominators and more.
Set to arrive in hobby shops across North America on August 3, each hobby box of 2016 Donruss Football (10 cards per pack, 24 packs per box) will deliver one autograph, one memorabilia card, six parallels, 24 Rookie Cards and a whopping 43 inserts.
The highlights of 2016 Donruss Football are many and include . . .
- Three inserts per pack, including one Rookie Card.
- Look for two Peyton Manning tribute sets, along with single and dual autographs numbered to just 18.
- The triumphant return of the Fans of the Game autograph set featuring signatures from top celebrity NFL fans.
- Passing the Torch memorabilia is back with prime versions numbered to as low as 25.
- Rookie Phenom jersey autograph cards featuring top 2016 rookies such as Carson Wentz, Jared Goff and Ezekiel Elliott.
- Hobby-exclusive inserts paying homage to the iconic 1987 Donruss design.
- A variety of autograph inserts including Enshrined, Super Bowl Signatures, Legends of the Fall, All-Time Gridiron Kings, Gridiron Kings, The Elite Series, Dominators and The Rookies.
- Fan-favorite Donruss inserts such as Dominators, Classics, The Rookies, Gridiron Kings, The Legends, Fans of the Game and Production Line.
- The popular Fans of the Game insert returns with superstars such as Daisy Ridley, Al Pacino, Megan Fox and more.
Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance in the coming weeks as we continue previewing 2016 Donruss Football. In the meantime, enjoy this brief sneak peek:
Editor’s Note: The Rookie Card designs featured in the gallery below utilize images of 2015 rookies and are merely mockups to show collectors what 2016 Donruss Football’s various rookie designs will look like.
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.