The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2016 Prizm NASCAR Racing (100+ Pics)

July 29, 2016

Panini America 2016 Prizm NASCAR Racing Main

NASCAR collectors . . . rejoice. After more than a year with no new licensed trading cards to chase and following months of speculation regarding just what Panini America had planned, the wait is almost over. Next Wednesday, Panini America’s history-making first NASCAR release, 2016 Prizm NASCAR Racing, will speed into hobby shops across North America equipped with one of the most popular technologies in all of collecting.

Bolstered by the company’s fabled Optichrome finish and a rainbow array of Prizm parallels (including a rainbow-themed version appropriately numbered to just 24), 2016 Prizm NASCAR Racing is equipped to make a grand debut just five short days from now.

Earlier today, our friends at NASCAR served to fan the flames just a little by Tweeting the first live image from the product — a Prizm Autograph from Hendrick Motorsports superstar Chase Elliott — to its almost 3 million followers.

Be sure to stay tuned to the NASCAR Twitter feed beginning Monday for exclusive Prizm reveals of cards featuring Danica Patrick, Richard Petty and Brad Kaselowski. In the meantime, however, perhaps the Quality Control Gallery below will get you through the weekend. The following images were captured during the product packout process earlier this week and provide a comprehensive sneak peek of what card-starved NASCAR fans and collectors can expect.

Each hobby box of 2016 Prizm NASCAR Racing (four cards per pack, 20 packs per box) will deliver three autograph or memorabilia cards (at least one autograph guaranteed), three numbered Prizms and a Prizm parallel or insert card in every pack.

Buckle up, enjoy the gallery and stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for continued coverage of 2016 Prizm NASCAR Racing.

1. July 29, 2016 5:34 pm

I Absolutely can’t wait…let’s go racing !!

2. July 29, 2016 6:14 pm

The buzz surrounding the first Panini NASCAR release is palpable around the hobby, great to see this expanded view of Prizm. Thanks Tracy!

3. July 29, 2016 11:52 pm

Overall I’m quite happy with what I see…I’m a little disappointed with the short checklist and the majority of new up and coming drivers being limited to autographs, but the cards look fantastic and I am glad to see cards of the cars. The last company generally didn’t grasp the concept that a NASCAR set should include cars. I have a single box on order (all I could afford, and I think the other sets you plan to do are going to be out of reach for me too… it’s not easy being sickly) and I am anxiously awaiting it’s arrival. I’ve been collecting NASCAR since Christmas 1992 and I welcome you to our sport!

• July 30, 2016 11:59 am

Appreciate that. Hope you like your box. Good luck.

• August 2, 2016 1:37 pm

Thanks! I’ll be posting a full box review on Cardboard History the day it arrives😃

• Nick permalink
      July 30, 2016 2:11 pm

ElcaminoBilly, do you own an el camino? Any pictures online? It is a beauty back when cars had style!

• August 2, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi Nick, not yet but I hope to someday. My health doesn’t allow me to drive but it won’t stop me from having one and having family drive me around😃

4. Adam Shoemaker permalink
    July 30, 2016 10:57 pm

Exactly what I expected of a Prizm release! I do hope the other 2016 NASCAR releases have much less parallels though. The closer release day gets, the more excited I get to bust my boxes.

5. Jack Erskine permalink
    July 31, 2016 10:11 am

Not bad for first time

6. August 1, 2016 12:46 pm

I guess Panini will not do the same misstakes as previous company made when it had an exclusive. Now I just hope Panini will make good use of its racing trademarks they have from brands they own. how about helmets? Keep up the great work!

1. Red, White and Retail: Panini America Eyes 2016 Prizm NASCAR Retail Exclusives | The Official Panini America Blog
  2. Teaser Gallery: Panini America Opens Three Early Boxes of 2016 Prizm NASCAR Racing | The Official Panini America Blog
  3. Ready. Set. Trade: Panini America, NASCAR Team Properties Release First Card Set | The Official Panini America Blog