Panini America Delivers Detailed First Look at 2016 Prime Cuts Baseball (Gallery)
For a brand that packs as much prestige, heritage and Hall of Fame content as Panini America’s Prime Cuts Baseball does, three years away from the marketplace can seem almost like an eternity. But in late October, Panini America will reintroduce the high-end release to waiting collectors for the first time since the 2012 season. The time away, however, has likely only increased the product’s allure.
As you’ll see in the preview gallery that follows, 2016 Prime Cuts Baseball proudly carries on a rich tradition in terms of both look and content. The product boasts an all-thriller, no-filler makeup that delivers five autograph or memorabilia cards in every five-card box (five cards per box, five boxes per inner case, two inner cases per master case).
A generations-spanning tribute to America’s pastime, 2016 Prime Cuts Baseball offers a diverse checklist featuring the game’s greatest legends, top current stars and potential-laden rookies. The highlights of the product are many and include . . .
- On-card autographs of top 2016 rookies including, dual- and triple-swatch versions.
- A large base set bolstered by three on-card autograph subsets, five memorabilia card subsets and four additional autograph subsets.
- A checklist dotted with legends such as Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Roberto Clemente and Ty Cobb in the base, Icons, Biography, Timeline and Combo Player Materials.
- Booklets include Rookie Autographs Jumbo Material, Rookie Autographs Silhouette Combo Materials, Prime Six Signatures and Prime Eight Signatures.
- Each five-box inner case will deliver either a cut-signature card or booklet card.
- The Biography insert highlights a moment from each player’s career paired with a piece of memorabilia. Look for four parallels numbered to 49 or less. Also find Biography Jumbo.
- The Rookie Autographs Jumbo Materials insert pairs top 2016 rookies with an autograph and jumbo piece of memorabilia. Look for Prime parallels numbered to 10 or less.
- Look for five different Timeline sets: Timeline, Combos, Trios, Quads and Stats. Each version has three parallels numbered to 25 or less.
- On-card autographs of some of the hottest 2016 rookies with four parallels numbered to 49 or less.
- The Prime Signatures chase features on-card autographs from a mix of current and retired superstars. Look for four parallels numbered to 49 or less.
- Prime Cuts Rookie Autographs includes on-card autographs and up to three pieces of memorabilia for some of the hottest 2016 rookies; also look for dual-swatch versions.
- Find five Base material cards, each with a different swatch size. Look for a variety of current stars, retired greats and legends. Each version has four parallels numbered to 49 or less.
- Look for five different Icons sets loaded with memorabilia from some of the game’s greatest: Jerseys, Bats, Numbers Combos, Numbers Trios and Numbers Quads loaded with greats of the game. Each version has three parallels numbered to 25 or less.
- Four Base autograph versions including Base, Single, Dual and Triple swatches. Each version has four parallels numbered to 49 or less.
We’ll have plenty more on the triumphantly returning 2016 Prime Cuts Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. Until then, here’s your first extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.