Panini Peek: A Look Inside 2016 Immaculate Collegiate Basketball (Preview Gallery)
Panini America’s release last week of the loaded 2016 Immaculate Collegiate Football was a trailblazer of sorts as the company’s first single-sport-focused Immaculate Collegiate product. As many college football fans and collectors have discovered in the last six days or so, that product is delivering a crash course in the finer points of the Immaculate experience.
In early November, college basketball collectors will get the Immaculate treatment, too, with a content-rich release that stays true to the Immaculate mantra with compelling autograph and memorabilia inserts across the board. Each box of 2016 Immaculate Collegiate Basketball (six cards per pack, one pack per box, five boxes per case) will deliver five autograph or memorabilia cards and one base card or parallel.
The highlights of the product that pays tribute to the greatest NBA stars and current rookies (all captured in their college colors) are many and include . . .
- On-card autographs from today’s hottest rookies and yesterday’s hardcourt legends.
- Immaculate Ink Combos features dual autographs from past collegiate superstars from the same school.
- Full-sized memorabilia cards that feature swatches from player-worn NBA Rookie Photo Shoot caps and sneakers. Sneak Peek versions feature the soles from player-worn shoes.
- On-card autographs from the top 2016 rookies in Rookie Autographs and Rookie Patch Autographs.
- Sports Variations features on-card autos from the biggest names in college football, basketball and baseball with memorabilia versions numbered to 99 or less.
- A 40-card base set highlighting the NBA’s best players in their college uniforms.
- Immaculate Ink once again delivers only the crème de la crème of on-card autos.
- Immaculate Quads can match four alumni from the same school as well as four former college basketball superstars; Brand Logo versions are numbered to only one.
- In Immaculate Numbers Autographs, chase rare on-card autos from all of the top rookies from the 2016 NBA Draft Class, sequentially numbered to their college jersey numbers, including 1/1s.
We’ll have plenty more on 2016 Immaculate Collegiate Basketball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, enjoy this extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.