Panini America Offers Detailed First Look at 2016 Preferred Football (Preview Gallery)
So much about the Preferred brand has changed since we last saw it in the NFL as a standalone release. So much as in . . . seemingly everything. For the record, the last time a Preferred Football product was released, the likes of LaDainian Tomlinson, Chad Johnson and Quincy Carter were key Rookie Cards in the 2001 set. Fast forward 15 years or so and it’s obvious that time has been very good to the Preferred franchise.
Thanks to a torrid track record in the NBA and the continued enhancement of key inserts such as the sublime Silhouettes, Panini’s Choice Die-Cuts and more, Preferred has become the preferred choice for many collectors. And that’s likely to be the case in early December when the brand makes its triumphant return to football.
2016 Preferred Football incorporates the best aspects of what collectors have come to expect from the modern-day Preferred (Silhouettes, Panini’s Choice Die-Cuts, booklets) while also calling on a a proud history that includes key inserts such as Stare Masters, Chain Reaction and Great X-Pectations. On average, each hobby box of 2016 Preferred Football (five cards per pack, one pack per box, 10 boxes per case) will deliver four autographs (including at least one on-card Silhouettes or Rookie Silhouettes) and one booklet memorabilia card.
The highlights of the return are many and include . . .
- On-card autographs in Silhouettes, Rookie Silhouettes, Panini’s Choice and Rookie Panini’s Choice.
- Super-sized swatches honoring the Super Bowl 50 champion Denver Broncos in Championship Fabric.
- Look for classic Preferred sets in Chain Reaction, Great X-Pectations and Stare Masters.
- Multi-swatch booklet cards that feature the top rookies, legends and teams with Prime and Super Prime parallels.
- Color Guard features autographs from top veterans and legends, including Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Ray Lewis, Joe Montana and more.
- Preferred Pairings dual-memorabilia booklets featuring pairs of teammates or franchise legends.
We’ll have plenty more on 2016 Preferred Football in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, enjoy this extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.