Panini America Offers Detailed First Look at 2016 National Treasures Collegiate Baseball
Panini America’s landmark National Treasures brand delivered a rather unorthodox debut on the college sports landscape last season with a multisport release that encompassed the biggest names from the worlds of baseball, basketball and football. But for 2016, the brand joins its professional colleagues with individual National Treasures products planned for Collegiate Basketball, Collegiate Football and Collegiate Baseball. We’ve previewed the first two already. Today, we preview the third.
Set to arrive in hobby shops across North America in early January, 2016 National Treasures Collegiate Baseball will deliver six autograph or memorabilia cards and two base or parallel cards in every eight-card box. As you would expect from any product boasting the National Treasures name, this release is tailor-made for the high-end baseball collector and features short-printed and numbered cards of top rookies, veteran superstars and legends from their college baseball days.
The highlights of 2016 National Treasures Collegiate Baseball are many and include . . .
- On-card rookie autographs including Material Signatures, Colossal Signatures and Signature Die-Cuts.
- The Combo Player Signature Prime Booklet Team Logo insert features a booklet that combines an inscription and team logo from this year’s top rookies.
- The popular Notable Nicknames insert knocks it out of the park with inscriptions from college baseball icons.
- The College Material Signatures insert combines autographs with prime swatches of material from this year’s top rookies. Look for Brand Logo versions numbered to just two.
- Find on-card autos that include the school logos from college superstars past and present in Team Logos.
- A base set with each card numbered to 99 and featuring all-time college greats. Look for Silver, Gold, Black and Blue parallels numbered from 25 to only one.
- Find game-worn college uniforms from Barry Larkin, Buster Posey, Mark McGwire, Paul Molitor, Gerrit Cole and more.
- Look for jewel cards featuring rubies, sapphires, emeralds and diamonds numbered from just 20 all the way down to one.
We’ll have plenty more on 2016 National Treasures Collegiate Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, enjoy this extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.