Panini America Provides Detailed First Look at 2017 Diamond Kings Baseball (Gallery)
The vibrant resurgence of Panini America’s fabled Diamond Kings Baseball brand can be traced directly to the out-of-nowhere success of 2015’s colorful relaunch that parlayed the timeless appeal of Babe Ruth into one of the best new products of that collecting season. The momentum continued in a major way in 2016 and looks to deliver once again in late March with the arrival of 2017 Diamond Kings Baseball.
Boasting the same unique traits of its original-art predecessors, 2017 Diamond Kings Baseball boasts new Framed parallel sets for base cards, SPs, Rookie Cards and Variations, including Gray, Brown, Blue Artist’s Proofs and Masterpiece 1/1s. New inserts for 2017 include Jersey Kings, Bat Kings, Jersey Kings Signatures, Bat Kings Signatures, the Ted Williams Collection, Heritage Collection Material Signatures and the rare Aurora chase.
On average, each hobby box of 2017 Diamond Kings Baseball (eight cards per pack, 12 packs per box, 12 boxes per inner case, two inner cases per master case) will yield two autograph or memorabilia cards, three Framed parallels, one numbered Framed parallel and 12 inserts. The additional highlights of the product are many and include . . .
- Memorabilia from all-time greats in DK Materials, Jersey Kings, Bat Kings, Studio Portraits Materials, Diamond Deco and Ted Williams Collection Materials.
- Look for signatures of the 2017 rookie class in DK Rookie Signatures.
- New autograph names added to 2017 Diamond Kings Baseball include Manny Ramirez, Hideki Matsui, Nomar Garciaparra, Carlos Delgado, Kerry Wood and Andruw Jones.
- The base set features a compelling mix of retired players, all-time legends and current stars; look for nine different parallels including five Framed parallels.
- DK Signatures and DK Rookie Signatures feature autographs and two memorabilia swatches with four parallels numbered to 99 or less.
- The highly successful Aurora chase crosses over from Court Kings and features two parallels numbered to 25 or less.
- Baseball icon Ted Williams is honored with his own insert in 2017. Look for unique memorabilia from games and from his personal collection.
- The epic Diamond Cuts insert delivers cut autographs from all-time greats, Hall of Famers and other legends. Look for Holo Gold, Holo Blue and Masterpiece 1/1 parallels.
- The new Heritage Collection Materials Signatures insert combines classy black-and-white images with two memorabilia swatches and an autograph. Hideki Matsui makes a triumphant return to Diamond Kings for the first time since 2005.
We’ll have plenty more on 2017 Diamond Kings Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. Until then, enjoy this extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.