Panini America Offers Detailed First Look at 2016-17 Threads Basketball (Gallery)
Following a two-year run as a Target-exclusive retail release, Panini America is readying its popular Threads Basketball brand for a triumphant return to the hobby. And while there will be a retail version of the product complete with its own exclusive inclusions, 2016-17 Threads Basketball promises a bevy of hobby-only niceties, too. Foremost among them? Leather Rookie Cards and autograph inserts such as Signage, Rookie Signage, NBA Legends Ink, Team Threads Die-Cuts Autographs and Team Threads Die-Cuts Rookie Autographs.
Set to arrive in hobby shops across North America in early May, 2016-17 Threads Basketball (six cards per pack, 20 packs per box, 20 boxes per case) will deliver one autograph, one memorabilia card, two Leather Rookie Cards and a whopping 18 inserts or parallels in every hobby box, on average.
The highlights of 2016-17 Threads Basketball are many and include . . .
- The ultra-rare (and extremely popular) Century Stars chase that falls roughly once per case, on average.
- Hobby-only memorabilia inserts that include Debut Threads, Authentic Threads and Century Collection Materials, all featuring Prime versions numbered to 25 or less.
- The aforementioned Signage, Rookie Signage and NBA Legends Ink autograph inserts are paralleled by Gold Proof and Platinum Proof versions numbered to 10 and one.
- Looking to chase rookies and inserts? 2016-17 Threads Basketball features a 50-card base rookie set and a 30-card Leather Rookies insert set along with 10 other eye-catching inserts.
- The retail version of 2016-17 Threads Basketball includes retail-only Wood Rookie Cards and Micro-Etch Rookie Cards.
- Each Retail SKU allows you to decide how you want to collect your favorite players. All inserts cards and Century Proof Dazzle parallels are available across all retail configurations, but unique color variations (Blue, Green and Orange) are exclusive to each individual SKU.
- Look for Retail Exclusive Rookies as follows: Wood Rookies fall in Retail, Gravity Feed and Fat Pack; Micro-Etch Rookies are found only in Blasters.
- Retail Box Break: One autograph or memorabilia card, four Wood Rookies, 16 inserts/parallels.
- Blaster Box Break: Three Micro-Etch Rookies, 11 inserts/parallels.
- Gravity Feed Box Break: Two autograph or memorabilia cards, 10 Wood Rookies, 38 inserts/parallels.
- Fat Pack Box Break: One autograph or memorabilia card, 12 wood rookies, 30 inserts/parallels.
We’ll have plenty more on 2016-17 Threads Basketball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. Until, enjoy this first extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.