Want to know who gets more excited than Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative.
Want to know who gets more excited than Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise after months of behind-the-scenes work that Panini America and Pepsi would come together to help promote Pepsi Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere are some pretty sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on NFL.com each week in a special Pepsi Rookie of the Week gallery, across social media platforms and the NFL.com rookies voting page. Each week Panini will feature the five Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini football card design – stay tuned to the Knights Lance, our Panini America Facebook page and hobby shops to find out about new Panini designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominees during the NFL regular season.
Now for the fun stuff . . .
Vote for the NFL Pepsi Rookie of the Week each week during the NFL regular season. Then share the image of the Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on your Facebook page. In addition, post the image on the Panini America Facebook page (after you “like” us if you haven’t already) or simply comment with the nominee you voted for. On Twitter, use the hashtag #PepsiROW and mention @PaniniAmerica to Tweet out the card image of the rookie you voted for. For doing those things, you’ll be eligible to win prizes throughout the season. Oh, and there just might be a special payoff at the end of the season.
Now for your Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week nominees for Week 2:
- Cincinnati’s ANDY DALTON passed for 332 yards with 27 completions and two touchdowns in the Bengals’ 24-22 loss to the Denver Broncos.
- Tampa Bay’s MASON FOSTER notched 10 tackles, seven solo stops, one sack and one forced fumble in the Bucs’ 24-20 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.
- Oakland’s DENARIUS MOORE caught five passes for 146 yards and a score, and had one rush for 25 yards in the Raiders’ 38-35 loss to the Buffalo Bills.
- Carolina’s CAM NEWTON threw for 432 yards, one score and three interceptions, and had 10 carries for 53 yards and one touchdown in the Panthers’ 30-23 loss to the Green Bay Packers. Newton is the only quarterback to start his career with consecutive 400-yard games.
- Miami’s DANIEL THOMAS carried 18 times for 107 yards and caught one pass for 10 yards in the Dolphins’ 23-13 loss to the Houston Texans.
9 Replies to “And the Nominees Are . . . Voting Begins for the Week 2 Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week”
Dalton all the way!
Andy Dalton is the MAN!!!! Even if he doesn’t win, I just saved the photo 🙂
Even though I’m A Raiders fan, I have to go with Cam Newton for the 2nd straight week. Just amazing what he is doing.
Mason Foster for sure, and to add that his team is the only one that actually won there game. Great performance, no doubt.
has to be Cam man!!
CAM all day! This QB is going to be great once he gets adjusted to the NFL!
Mason Foster! Go Bucs!
I voted for Mason Foster for Pepsi Rookie of the Week.