Call it the "Product Heard 'Round the World." Panini America on Wednesday announced that it will be producing a standalone Prizm product devoted to 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, a development that effectively takes one of the company's most popular technologies global while creating a compelling product sure to be coveted by an international audience.
Call it the “Product Heard ‘Round the World.” Panini America on Thursday announced that it will be producing a standalone Prizm product devoted to 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, a development that effectively takes one of the company’s most popular technologies global while creating a compelling product sure to be coveted by an international audience.
Boasting an autograph checklist that will easily go down as one of the greatest ever assembled for a soccer release, Panini America’s 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Prizm set includes signatures from the likes of Lionel Messi, Pelé, Cristiano Ronaldo, Robin van Persie, Clint Dempsey, Tim Howard, Jozy Altidore, Ruud Gullit and many more. Set to release in late April, each box of the product (six cards per pack, 24 packs per box) will deliver eight Prizm inserts (featuring a new array of regionally inspired color combinations) and five insert cards.
In addition to the list of signing stars mentioned above, some of the other confirmed signers for the set include: Frank Lampard, Mesut Özil, Xavi Hernández, Andrea Pirlo, Radamel Falcao, Ronaldo (Brazil), Didier Drogba, Jürgen Klinsmann, Carlos Valderrama, Franz Beckenbauer, Steven Gerrard, Luis Suárez and 30 additional current and retired stars.
The debut release is chock full of history-making soccer cards. Some of the highlights . . .
- Prizm presents one of the best signature checklists in soccer history featuring base versions, Prizm Signatures (numbered to 25 or less) and Black Prizm Signatures 1/1s.
- Combo Signatures presents high-profile and highly sought after autograph pairings. These cards are all numbered to 10 or less and include a Prizm parallel version.
- World Cup Matchups features some of the most intriguing on-pitch pairings in the 2014 FIFA World Cup, both in group play and potential knock-out round matches.
- World Cup Matchups (as well as all other base and insert parallels) feature several regionally inspired Prizm parallels including Red, White and Blue Prizms, Yellow and Red Prizms, and Blue and Red Prizms.
- The set also features Blue Prizms (numbered to 199 or less), Red Prizms (numbered to 149 or less), Purple Prizms (numbered to 99 or less), Green Crystal Prizms (numbered to 25 or less), Gold Prizms (numbered to 25 or less), Gold Power Prizms (numbered to five or less) and Black Prizm 1/1s.
- World Cup Stars chronicles the best performances from past tournaments as well as impact players who will make their appearance in this year’s event.
- Lovable and kid-friendly, Fuleco, the 2014 FIFA World Cup mascot, makes an appearance as a super short-printed insert (two per case, on average).
- The Team Photo insert includes a Team Photo for each of the 32 teams participating in 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil.
The product features a 200-card base set featuring players from all 32 teams qualified to participate in the 2014 FIFA World Cup. We’ll have plenty more to preview on the historic 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Prizm set in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance, but for now enjoy this extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting. Content is subject to change. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display.