Here's one surefire way to know that a new trading card concept has found critical and commercial success: It follows suit in other sports. Such is the case with Panini America's popular, acetate-driven Clear Vision concept. It made a stirring debut in the NFL last season because it was clearly different -- by design -- and because it delivered a scarce list of top-tier autographs and key memorabilia cards.
Here’s one surefire way to know that a new trading card concept has found critical and commercial success: It follows suit in other sports. Such is the case with Panini America’s popular, acetate-driven Clear Vision concept. It made a stirring debut in the NFL last season because it was clearly different — by design — and because it delivered a scarce list of top-tier autographs and key memorabilia cards.
The successful debut for 2015 Clear Vision Football has paved the way for the introduction of 2015-16 Clear Vision Basketball, due out in hobby shops across North America in early April and packing many of the brand staples that released to rave reviews last year. Each box of 2015-16 Clear Vision Basketball (four cards per pack, five packs per box, eight boxes per inner case, two inner cases per master case) will deliver two Rookie Cards, two parallels numbered to 149 or less and one insert.
2015-16 Clear Vision Basketball is prepared to present basketball’s biggest stars in a whole new way — on visually stunning premium acetate cards. The highlights of the product are many and include . . .
- One look at the Clear Vision Rookie Card and it’s clear that these will be huge pulls. Every box delivers one rookie on average, with parallels that are numbered from 149 all the way down to one.
- Clear Vision provides collectors a glimpse at some of the most visually stunning cards in the industry. This collection boasts a 141-card base set that includes more than 30 rookies.
- Look for distinct photo variations of the top rookies in the NBA that fall one in 28 packs on average.
- Clear Vision Signatures features autographs of 20 superstars including Anthony Davis, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant, Kyrie Irving and Blake Griffin. You can also pull autographs from the first 10 picks of the 2015 NBA Draft; look for the Gold parallel numbered to 25.
- Visionary Signatures features autographs from 20 legends of the game. Be on the lookout for a short-print parallel that include inscriptions.
- Every box delivers two rookies, one insert and two parallels sequentially numbered to 149 or less.
- Find autographs of rookies, veterans and legends in Visionary Signatures and Clear Vision Signatures. Visionary Signatures features a short-print parallel that showcases a special inscription.
- Find ultra-rare Bronze parallels that fall one per case, on average.
We’ll have plenty more on 2015-16 Clear Vision Basketball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But today, enjoy this first extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.