Year after gilded year, Panini America's fabled Gold Standard Basketball brand continues delivering on those key brand tenants that helped the product debut to an overwhelmingly warm welcome when it first released during the 2010-11 NBA season. Aside from subtle design tweaks and the occasional introduction of new inserts, the Gold Standard formula has remained largely unchanged from those golden early years -- and that's a good thing.
Year after gilded year, Panini America’s fabled Gold Standard Basketball brand continues delivering on those key brand tenants that helped the product debut to an overwhelmingly warm welcome when it first released during the 2010-11 NBA season. Aside from subtle design tweaks and the occasional introduction of new inserts, the Gold Standard formula has remained largely unchanged from those golden early years — and that’s a good thing.
Such consistency has helped the product grow into a perennial hoops-collecting favorite, a lofty status that should remain firmly intact when 2016-17 Gold Standard Basketball arrives in hobby shops across North America in late December brimming with the calling-card accoutrements collectors have come to love.
On average, box of 2016-17 Gold Standard Basketball (seven cards per pack, one pack per box, 12 boxes per case) will deliver three autograph or memorabilia cards. The highlights are many and include . . .
- Find one Rookie Jersey Autograph per box on average; look for Single, Dual, Triple and Jumbo versions numbered from 199 all the way down to one.
- The popular Solid Gold returns featuring cards printed on 14K gold.
- The rare and resplendent Bullion Brand Tags insert features NBA Logo laundry tags from some of the NBA’s biggest stars, numbered to only one.
- Find several on-card-autograph inserts including Golden Graphs, 14K Autographs, Rookie Jersey Autographs Jumbo and Gold Standard Autographs.
- Limited to the Atomic Number for Gold, 79, the on-card autographs in the AU insert feature the biggest names in the game today.
- Look for a Gold Standard brand staple with Variations cards featuring players in both college and prior-team NBA jerseys.
- The Newly Minted Memorabilia insert features memorabilia pieces from the top names from the 2016 NBA Draft.
We’ll have plenty more on 2016-17 Gold Standard Basketball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, enjoy this extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.
2 Replies to “Panini America Delivers Detailed First Look at 2016-17 Gold Standard Basketball”
I love Gold StAndard. Wished football would return alongside black gold
Gold standard is an immediately recognizable program in the hobby, looks like another excellent edition on tap for this season. Thanks Tracy!