The vibrance. The shine. The glimmer. The sublime, surface-shifting parallels. The rare-but-standout autograph checklist. Those are the primary hallmarks of Panini America's different-by-design Revolution brand -- and collectors have seen them on display in basketball and in football. But they've never seen a Revolution Soccer product . . . until now. But in mid June, the Revolution revolution hits the pitch.
The vibrance. The shine. The glimmer. The sublime, surface-shifting parallels. The rare-but-standout autograph checklist. Those are the primary hallmarks of Panini America’s different-by-design Revolution brand — and collectors have seen them on display in basketball and in football. But they’ve never seen a Revolution Soccer product . . . until now. But in mid June, the Revolution revolution hits the pitch.
Set to arrive in hobby shops across North America on June 14, 2016-17 Revolution Soccer will deliver hobby boxes (five cards per pack, eight packs per box, 16 boxes per case) that yield, on average, at least eight parallels (including one numbered to 100 or less) and at least five inserts. Autographs will fall roughly one every two boxes.
The highlights of 2016-17 Revolution Soccer are many and include . . .
- Eight mesmerizing parallels to chase, including three that are numbered (Cosmic is numbered to 100, Magna is numbered to 49 and Disco is numbered to 25). Find one numbered parallel card in each box, on average.
- All players will be shown in action with their club team. In all, 28 club teams from 14 countries are featured in 2016-17 Revolution Soccer.
- Each box will deliver at least five insert cards. Look for the premiere of budding stars such as Ousmane Dembele, Marco Asensio and Denis Suarez in On the Rise as well as the first Panini America cards of soccer legends such as Thierry Henry, Andriy Shevchenko and Ruud van Nistelrooy in Revolutionaries.
- Autograph cards — featuring current and retired stars — will fall one in every 16 packs on average. Current signers include Cristiano Ronaldo, Christian Pulisic, Robert Lewandowski, Luis Suarez and more. Also find autographs of retired greats such as Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer. Autograph parallels will be numbered to 49 or less.
- Collect a 200-card base set that includes 28 clubs from around the world. Of the eight parallels, the ultra-rare Galactic is the toughest, falling less than once per case.
- Collect the greatest stars from around the world in Star Gazing, a special insert showcasing 30 of today’s best footballers.
- Look for some of the most electric players in the game today in the hard-to-find Showstoppers insert. With only one parallel version available (Galactic), these special cards fall two per case on average.
We’ll have plenty more on 2016-17 Revolution Soccer in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, enjoy this extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.