In late December, Panini America's iconic Contenders Football product arrives for the 2018 season equipped with all of the bells and whistles diehard collectors have come to expect from one of the most popular releases in modern collecting history. But even a product as tenured as Contenders can still benefit from a few tweaks now and then -- especially when they happen to revolve around the product's landmark Rookie Ticket.
In late December, Panini America’s iconic Contenders Football product arrives for the 2018 season equipped with all of the bells and whistles diehard collectors have come to expect from one of the most popular releases in modern collecting history. But even a product as tenured as Contenders can still benefit from a few tweaks now and then — especially when they happen to revolve around the product’s landmark Rookie Ticket.
Indeed, Panini America NFL Product Developers are taking at least a few versions of the Rookie Ticket to places no Rookie Ticket has ever gone before. In the process, they’re creating something altogether new. There are intricately die-cut Rookie Ticket Stub parallels (numbered to 99 or less) and acetate Rookie Clear Ticket parallels (numbered to 10) that will offer a refreshing twist to the brand’s centerpiece attraction.
On average, each hobby box of 2018 Contenders Football (six cards per pack, 18 packs per box, 12 boxes per case) will deliver at least five autographs (including one on-card), 18 inserts and one parallel. Additional product highlights include . . .
- The iconic and autographed Rookie Tickets will once again be paralleled by the likes of Playoff Tickets (numbered to 99 or less), Championship Tickets (numbered to 49 or less), Cracked Ice Tickets (numbered to 24) and Super Bowl Ticket 1/1s.
- Rookie Ticket Variations featuring unique design elements and unique photography than the standard Rookie Tickets.
- The 20th Anniversary Rookie Ticket insert pays homage to Contenders Rookie Tickets of years past with on-card autographs.
- The new Contenders to Canton Autographs insert captures two iconic moments on one spectacular card: A legend’s early Contenders card and their Hall of Fame enshrinement; numbered to just 20.
- Look for the return of hobby-exclusive Golden Tickets and Silver Tickets.
- Calling-card inserts such as Rookie of the Year Contenders, MVP Contenders, Legendary Contenders, Team Quads and Round Numbers featuring Gold (numbered to 10) and Platinum 1/1 parallels.
- An impressive batch of retail-exclusive content that includes Rookie Ticket Swatches and Rookie Ticket Dual Swatches, Emerald parallels and more.
We’ll have more information on the highly anticipated 2018 Contenders Football in the coming weeks. But for now, feast your eyes on this extended sneak peek:
Visit the official online store of Panini America to shop for your favorite Panini America football products.
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.