The next chapter in the short-but-storied history of Panini America's Playbook Football brand is steadfastly being written as we speak, and it will provide a dramatically different ending than the ones collectors have come to expect in recent years. For 2014, Panini America officials have radically revamped the packaging configuration to deliver one booklet card and one autograph or memorabilia card in every two-card pack.
The next chapter in the short-but-storied history of Panini America’s Playbook Football brand is steadfastly being written as we speak, and it will provide a dramatically different ending than the ones collectors have come to expect in recent years. For 2014, Panini America officials have radically revamped the packaging configuration to deliver one booklet card and one autograph or memorabilia card in every two-card pack.
In addition, 2014 Playbook Football will introduce a bevy of new booklet-card innovations (such as the popoular Armory insert that debuted in 2013-14 Playbook Hockey and Game of Inches), and the return of 2013 staple Down & Dirty. The product is slated to arrive in hobby shops in late October.
The highlights of 2014 Playbook Football are many and include . . .
- Playbook Booklet Signatures: Find booklets from current NFL stars, highlighted by 1-of-1 autographed Printing Plates, NFL Shields, Nike Swooshes and more.
- Signature Materials: In addition to one booklet card in every two-card pack, look for one autograph or memorabilia card.
- Rookie Booklet Signatures: Booklet Rookie Cards featuring the 40 rookie stars who appeared at the 2014 NFLPA Rookie Premiere on unique cards featuring player die-cuts, two pieces of memorabilia and an autograph.
- Game of Inches: The innovative Game of Inches memorabilia booklets feature oversized pieces of memorabilia and highlight players stretching to reach the end zone.
- Armory: The insert met with rave reviews in 2013-14 Playbook Hockey transitions to the gridiron with six pieces of memorabilia and vertical photos that span the entire card.
- Down & Dirty: the popular Down & Dirty Booklets return featuring game-worn jerseys fresh off the field — complete with dirt and grass stains.
- Look for booklets from the 2014 Rookie Class, highlighted by 1-of-1 autographed Printing Plates, NFL Shields, Nike Swooshes and rookie-drawn Signature Plays.
Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for continued coverage of 2014 Playbook Football. Until then, enjoy this extended first look:
0 Replies to “Panini America Offers Detailed First Look at 2014 Playbook Football (Preview Gallery)”
I really wish we could have a few more years of these cards in hockey products.
That makes two of us, Richard!
And three. This is one of the Product I like so much I even enjoy Football. Got some 30 booklets of 2013 playbook already. NT is nice but this is special.
There are no words to describe how sexy that RG3 card is…. Wow!!!
Stunning array of booklet, that Luck will be a chase for sure. Love the design of the RG3 subset as well. Thanks Tracy!
Amazing. Looks like the best-looking playbook ever.
There are some pretty [email protected]$$ booklet cards, the RGIII is probably the coolest booklet I have ever seen.
LOVE 2014 #Playbook……… But i still HAVE NOT Gotten any OF My #JoeFlacco 2013 Playbook BOOKLET auto Redemptions From last Years Product….Been Waiting Since Last Yrs Release 4 my Booklets & What Really SUCKS is I already see Flacco autos in sum other 2014 products, How he sign 4 this yrs products but still aint signed Last Yrs….AND I dont want REPLACEMENTS i want these Low numbered Booklets that I hunted and Payed out the Wazoo 4….Waiting a YEAR 4 Auto redemptions is absolutely RIDICULOUS…
what is the cost per box?
Cool Armory of Teddy but I LOVE the RGIII ! Man oh man do I ever want to pull this card! Awesome!
I always love looking at this product, just wished I could afford to open one!
Last year there were 4 cards and 2 Booklets.