Since launching its official trading card relationship with the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in 2012, Panini America has spent three years paying tribute to the game's greatest legends with exclusive, history-rich products devoted to Cooperstown's legendary members. To date, the Panini America product roster has included 2012 Cooperstown Baseball, 2013 Cooperstown Baseball and 2014 Hall of Fame Baseball 75th Anniversary.
Since launching its official trading card relationship with the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in 2012, Panini America has spent three years paying tribute to the game’s greatest legends with exclusive, history-rich products devoted to Cooperstown’s legendary members. To date, the Panini America product roster has included 2012 Cooperstown Baseball, 2013 Cooperstown Baseball and 2014 Hall of Fame Baseball 75th Anniversary.
In late June, Panini America will tap into its proud Hall of Fame history to deliver 2015 Cooperstown Baseball, a product that not only will honor the 2015 Induction Class (Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, John Smoltz and Craig Biggio) but also perhaps the most prominent member of the initial 1936 Class: Babe Ruth.
For the first time ever, the Great Bambino will appear on a Cooperstown checklist — with base, insert, parallel and cut-autograph cards. We’ll have more on the Babe’s Cooperstown debuts in just a bit.
Each 12-card box of 2015 Cooperstown Baseball will deliver two autographs, two Hall of Fame Crown Royale die-cuts, one Etched In Cooperstown, one Hall of Fame Induction, one Hall of Fame Honors Armed Forces and five additional cards. The product highlights are many and include . . .
- Hall of Fame Induction Signatures including Brooks Robinson, Cal Ripken, Craig Biggio, Eddie Murray, Frank Thomas, George Brett, Greg Maddux, John Smoltz, Johnny Bench, Nolan Ryan, Pedro Martínez, Randy Johnson, Reggie Jackson,
Rickey Henderson, Rod Carew, Ryne Sandberg and more. Look for limited parallels numbered from 49 down to only one.
- The epic Hall of Fame Cuts insert includes rare cut signatures of Al Simmons, Arky Vaughn, Babe Ruth, Bill Dickey, Dave Bancroft, Dizzy Dean, Eddie Collins, Frankie Frisch, Gabby Hartnett, Honus Wagner, Jackie Robinson, Jimmie Foxx and Ty Cobb.
- The Etched In Cooperstown insert includes a stunning base version but also parallels out to include cards embedded with real diamonds, emeralds, rubies and sapphires.
- Recollection Collection Signatures features autographed versions of original cards from 2014 Hall of Fame 75th Anniversary’s Crusade, Elite Series, Elite Dominators and Diamond Kings inserts. Signers include Al Kaline, Bob Gibson, Frank Robinson, Johnny Bench, Carl Yastrzemksi, Rod Carew, Reggie Jackson, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Nolan Ryan, Eddie Murray, Ryne Sandberg, Cal Ripken, Rickey Henderson, Greg Maddux and Frank Thomas.
- Names of the Game pays tribute to such mythical monikers as Bucketfoot Al, The Bambino, Iron Man, Peerless Leader, Fordham Flash, Highpockets, The Squire, Flying Dutchman, Goofy, The Lip, Iron Horse, Old Aches & Pains, Master Melvin, The Express, Big Unit, Mr October, Arriba, The Rajah, Wahoo Sam and the Georgia Peach.
- Hall of Fame Induction Dual Signatures: Look for some of the most exciting Cooperstown inductees paired together with autographs; combos include Wade Boggs/Ryne Sandberg, Cal Ripken/Tony Gwynn, Tom Glavine/ GregMaddux, Pedro Martínez/Randy Johnson, Craig Biggio/John Smoltz, Al Kaline/DukeSnider and Harmon Killebrew/Luis Aparicio.
- Hall of Fame Crown Royale die-cuts honoring the likes of Babe Ruth, Dizzy Dean, Eddie Collins, Frank Chance, Gabby Hartnett, Hack Wilson, Herb Pennock, Honus Wagner, Jackie Robinson, Jimmie Foxx, Joe DiMaggio, Lefty Gomez, Lou Gehrig, Mel Ott, Miller Huggins, Nap Lajoie, Roberto Clemente, Rogers Hornsby, Sam Crawford and Ty Cobb.
- The base Hall of Fame Signatures insert boasts a bold new design and legendary list of signers.
- Cooperstown Golf Classic honors the annual Hall of Fame tradition with unique photography featuring George Brett, Tony Gwynn, Reggie Jackson, Greg Maddux, Eddie Murray, Cal Ripken, Frank Robinson, Jackie Robinson, Ryne Sandberg, Mike Schmidt and Carl Yastrzemski.
We’ll have plenty more to preview on 2015 Cooperstown Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. Until then, though, enjoy this first extended sneak peek.
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.
0 Replies to “Panini America Offers Detailed First Look at 2015 Cooperstown Baseball (Gallery)”
That is going to be an amazing product for sure. I know with case busters your company is going to more and more single pack products, so I will miss the excitement of ripping multiple packs from a box. Still with this checklist, the product is a must.
So if I get this right, you will be continuing the same configuration as last year’s excellent Hall of Fame 75th Anniversary product?
Excellent first look, the Golf Classic subset is very unique. Thanks Tracy!