Panini America's iconic Donruss Baseball brand enjoyed a resurgence of epic proportions in 2014, a return-to-form tour de force that reintroduced classic Donruss nuances to a new generation of collectors in a product that still resonated with old-school collectors, too. The good news for everyone involved: 2015 Donruss Baseball looks to pick up right where last year's triumphant release left off.
Panini America’s iconic Donruss Baseball brand enjoyed a resurgence of epic proportions in 2014, a return-to-form tour de force that reintroduced classic Donruss nuances to a new generation of collectors in a product that still resonated with old-school collectors, too. The good news for everyone involved: 2015 Donruss Baseball looks to pick up right where last year’s triumphant release left off.
Set to release in late February, 2015 Donruss Baseball will be draped in historically classic designs and inserts (such as Donruss Preferred, All-Time Diamond Kings, Production Line, Signature Series and more) and will feature the return of Original Donruss Buyback Autographs (including Panini America’s first-ever certified autographs of Ichiro). Each hobby box (eight cards per pack, 24 packs per box) will deliver three autograph or memorabilia cards and more than 50 inserts or parallels.
Other highlights of 2015 Donruss Baseball include . . .
- A checklist of Original Donruss Buyback Autographs that features Derek Jeter, Ken Griffey Jr., Cal Ripken Jr., Don Mattingly, Frank Thomas and more.
- The return of Signature Series in a 95-card set highlighted by the debut autographs of more than 30 top rookies.
- The new Rated Rookie Die-Cuts featuring sequential numbering on Silver and Gold versions.
- Three different autograph inserts in Signature Series, Production Line Signatures and Preferred Pairings Signatures with nine total parallels numbered to 99 or less.
- A 150-card base set featuring a compelling mix of current stars and retired legends and new Hot Off The Press parallels.
- A 50-card insert featuring the iconic 1981 Donruss Baseball design and three unique parallels.
- A five-card tribute to the late Tony Gwynn honoring the legend’s greatest career accomplishments.
- A 30-card All-Time Diamond Kings insert centered around the greatest players ever to appear in the venerable Diamond Kings chase.
- A 20-card Production Line insert honoring the best sluggers of 2014 with autograph versions numbered to 15 or less.
- The 40-card Donruss Preferred insert features the greatest players of last season and of all time and featuring Cut to the Chase parallels numbered to 49 or less.
We’ll have plenty more on 2015 Donruss Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But for, enjoy this first extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.