Last week here on The Knight's Lance we brought you the jaw-dropping preview of Panini America's upcoming 2014 National Treasures Baseball. That post, of course, was more about showcasing some of the astonishing early autograph returns that we simply didn't want to wait to preview. Today, we're digging a little deeper into the product details.
Last week here on The Knight’s Lance we brought you the jaw-dropping preview of Panini America’s upcoming 2014 National Treasures Baseball. That post, of course, was more about showcasing some of the astonishing early autograph returns that we simply didn’t want to wait to preview. Today, we’re digging a little deeper into the product details.
2014 National Treasures Baseball, the first NT Baseball release since that landmark 2012 edition two seasons ago, is set to release on December 17 and each eight-card box will deliver eight autograph or memorabilia cards including at least four autographs and one booklet card. In preparing this release on the heels of such a successful 2012 edition, Panini America’s Product Development and Sales teams compared the contents of 2014 to those of 2012 — and they were blown away by what they found.
Some of the more compelling comparisons . . .
- 2014 National Treasures Baseball features never-seen-before authentic memorabilia from more than 20 legendary players highlighted by Hall of Fame Yankees pitcher Lefty Gomez and 1927 Yankees Herb Pennock and Tony Lazzeri just to name a few.
- 2014 includes twice as many cut signatures as 2012.
- How about unique, rare major hits? Seventy-five bat barrel cards in 2014 compared to 2012 and 75 bat knob cards in 2014 compared to just 25 in 2012.
- 2014 showcases one Flawless card in every case – Flawless didn’t exist in 2012.
- The Prime Patch cards are plentiful and the checklist is second to none as 2014 showcases far more tags and logos than 2012.
- Panini America is the only company to acquire Jose Abreu authentic game-worn jerseys in 2014; this year’s National Treasures displays this unanimous AL ROY winner’s first on-card autograph Jersey Patch cards as his true Rookie Cards.
- 2012 featured Mets ace Matt Harvey’s autograph rookie jersey cards; 2014 features autographed rookie patch cards of Mets NL ROY Jacob deGrom.
We’ll have plenty more to preview on 2014 National Treasures Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But for now, enjoy this extended first look at the product in the gallery below. After the gallery, check out the Product Information PDF.
And here’s the Product Information PDF: 2014_NT_Baseball_PIS