While Panini America still has a few bombshell basketball releases still to come to help close out the 2014-15 NBA collecting season, an exciting new start to next season is right around the corner, too -- and will begin once again with the release of the company's iconic NBA Hoops brand. Due to arrive in hobby shops across North America on October 14, 2015-16 NBA Hoops Basketball will deliver all the trademark niceties -- such as full-color action photography and the first NBA Rookie Cards of the top draft picks -- that have made it the calling-card release for a new year.
While Panini America still has a few bombshell basketball releases still to come to help close out the 2014-15 NBA collecting season, an exciting new start to next season is right around the corner, too — and will begin once again with the release of the company’s iconic NBA Hoops brand. Due to arrive in hobby shops across North America on October 14, 2015-16 NBA Hoops Basketball will deliver all the trademark niceties — such as full-color action photography and the first NBA Rookie Cards of the top draft picks — that have made it the calling-card release for a new year.
Each hobby box of 2015-16 NBA Hoops Basketball (12 cards per pack, 24 packs per box, 20 boxes per case) will deliver two autographs and at least 20 inserts or parallels including seven numbered to cards. The product also includes the return of the highly collectible Road to the Finals insert that chronicles every game from the 2015 NBA postseason, including short-printed inserts celebrating the NBA Champion Golden State Warriors.
Other highlights of 2015-16 NBA Hoops Basketball include . . .
- A new slew of promising pros with the first officially licensed NBA Rookie Cards and autographs from the stacked 2015 NBA Draft Class including Karl-Anthony Towns, D’Angelo Russell and Jahlil Okafor.
- Rare insert cards in Kobe’s All-Rookie Team, Champions and the all-new Triple-Double that commemorates each triple-double performance of the 2014-15 season.
- Follow each and every team throughout the 2015 NBA Postseason in Road to the Finals. The later the series, the rarer the card. Think you can collect the entire set?
- Remember Kyrie Irving’s 57-point performance? How about Klay Thompson’s 37-point quarter? Relive all of the 2014-15 NBA season’s best highlights in the short-printed Highlights insert.
- The stunning photography of Bird’s Eye View returns for another season.
- 2015-16 NBA Hoops delivers the first officially licensed autographs of the 2015 NBA Rookie Class. Look for more than 35 rookies in Hot Signatures and the rare Red Hot Signatures parallels.
We’ll have plenty more on 2015-16 NBA Hoops Basketball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, feast your eyes on this first extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.
12 Replies to “Panini America Provides Detailed First Look at 2015-16 NBA Hoops Basketball (Gallery)”
Just to let you know: The Kyrie “Highlights” card says “57-Point Quarter”, instead of something like “57-Point Game”.
Other than that, looks great!
D’oh! Got it corrected. Thanks for the heads-up.
So Kyrie had a 57-point quarter? Hope you guys hadn’t printed those cards yet
Nope. Good catch. The card has been corrected and updated in the gallery.
Love Hoops…my favorite set of the season. Since so many players have changed teams this season, plus several teams with new jerseys and rookie action shots, can we please get a series 2, that includes the updates mentioned above and the players who didn’t get chosen for series 1? There are 425 players in the NBA, and a 300 card set is just not enough to properly cover the sport.
I forgot to mention, thank you for the Triple Double insert. One of the things that originally attracted me to sports cards, more than 20 years ago, is the documenting the history of the sport and this is a good step to that, combined with the Road to the Finals especially. I can’t wait until the new season starts and Hoops comes out!
Hoops is a perennial favorite, remember the days of chasing down the David Robinson rookie card? I sure do! Thanks Tracy!
Any images of the base cards?
Hope to have some of those soon.
Still 300 cards, or will it be bigger or smaller?