For the first time in a decade, baseball collectors who've long felt America's pastime is a true work of art have reason to celebrate. The iconic Diamond Kings brand, absent from the industry as a standalone product since 2005, will make a regal return to the market in late April -- and it's bringing the Great Bambino with it.
For the first time in a decade, baseball collectors who’ve long felt America’s pastime is a true work of art have reason to celebrate. The iconic Diamond Kings brand, absent from the industry as a standalone product since 2005, will make a regal return to the market in late April — and it’s bringing the Great Bambino with it.
Indeed, 2015 Diamond Kings Baseball will mark a most historic return — for both the legendary brand and the legendary Babe Ruth, who will make his first appearance in a Panini America product. We’ll have much more on Ruth’s Ruthain presence in 2015 Diamond Kings Baseball in the coming days right here on The Knight’s Lance. But today, we’re previewing preliminary details of the 2015 Diamond Kings Baseball product.
Each 12-pack hobby box of 2015 Diamond Kings Baseball (eight cards per pack, 12 packs per box, 16 boxes per case) will deliver two autograph or memorabilia cards and two Framed Diamond King parallels. The product also will be bolstered by the familiar artistic renderings of the game’s hottest rookies, top current stars and all-time greats that have come to define the brand.
Highlights of the product include . . .
- A larger-than-life presence for Ruth, who will be featured on memorabilia cards in the Base Materials, Hall of Fame Materials, Timeline Materials and Framed DK Minis Materials inserts. He’ll also be featured in the set’s Diamond Cuts cut-signature insert.
- Panini America’s first autograph memorabilia cards of the 2015 rookie class including Rusney Castillo, Brandon Finnegan, Dalton Pompey, Javier Baez, Joc Pederson and Jorge Soler.
- Cut signatures of the game’s greatest players can be found in the Diamond Cuts insert, which features a legendary checklist headlined by the likes of Warren Spahn, Richie Ashburn, Lou Boudreau, Larry Doby, Harmon Killebrew and Stan Musial.
- Autograph memorabilia cards of the game’s most beloved Hall of Famers in Hall of Fame Heroes, featuring Cooperstown’s newest members in Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez, as well as Cal Ripken, Nolan Ryan, George Brett, Ryne Sandberg, Barry Larkin, Frank Thomas and more.
- Some of today’s most intriguing player combinations in the Timeline Materials, a 20-card insert featuring matchups like Ruth/Lou Gehrig, Jose Abreu/Jacob deGrom, Clayton Kershaw/Mike Trout, Masahiro Tanaka/Ichiro and more.
- The Sovereign Signatures insert features a supreme lineup of autograph memorabilia cards including Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, Miguel Cabrera, Stephen Strasburg and more.
- The Masters of the Game Material insert features the biggest current stars and all-time legends such as Ty Cobb, Rogers Hornsby, Steve Carlton, Dwight Gooden and more.
We’ll have plenty more on 2015 Diamond Kings Baseball in the coming days right here on The Knight’s Lance, including a must-see look at the triumphant return of Babe Ruth in all of his collectible forms. Today, though, we offer the following sneak peek.
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.