Panini America's flagship Donruss brand is riding a tremendous wave of momentum these days, what with the recent successes of 2016 Donruss Baseball (which paved the way for the Optichrome-enhanced 2016 Donruss Optic Baseball) and 2016 Donruss Football still fresh in the minds of many collectors. In mid-November, the flagship brand arrives on the hardwood ready to impress with its own merits.
Panini America’s flagship Donruss brand is riding a tremendous wave of momentum these days, what with the recent successes of 2016 Donruss Baseball (which paved the way for the Optichrome-enhanced 2016 Donruss Optic Baseball) and 2016 Donruss Football still fresh in the minds of many collectors. In mid-November, the flagship brand arrives on the hardwood ready to impress with its own merits.
Each hobby box of 2016-17 Donruss Basketball (12 cards per pack, 24 packs per box) will deliver one autograph, one memorabilia card and 24 inserts. The product relies on a stout 50-card rookie checklist and long-adored brand staples such as Dominators, Elite Signatures and more.
The highlights of the product are many and include . . .
- Hall Dominators Signatures featuring 30 Hall of Famers including Oscar Robertson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Rick Barry and David Robinson.
- Dominators Signatures showcases both the best of today’s talent and some of the most collectible retired players to ever step on the court. Look for names like Karl-Anthony Towns, Kristaps Porzingis, Jason Kidd and Allen Iverson.
- Rookie Materials Signatures includes both a memorabilia swatch and an autograph from one of the top members of the 2016 NBA Draft Class.
- Elite Signatures features a checklist of 100 players with every card numbered to 99 or less. Every player also has a Green version numbered to five and a Black version numbered to one.
- Thirty of this year’s top rookies are looking to dominate the new autograph market in Rookie Dominators Signatures.
- When a player arrives at the NBA Rookie Photo Shoot, he has his photo taken, card files are sent to the printer, returned the the next day and signed — all within 24 hours. The result is aptly named Next Day Signatures insert.
- Celebrate player legacy with Back to the Future and Back to the Future Prime, where players are featured with their previous teams and memorabilia from the time spent with that team.
- Look for the ultra-rare, 100-card Optic Preview which features the 2016-17 Donruss basketball design printed on Optichrome technology.
We’ll have plenty more on 2016-17 Donruss Basketball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. Until then, enjoy this extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.
6 Replies to “Panini America Provides Detailed First Look at 2016-17 Donruss Basketball (Gallery)”
Waiting to hear when the TORQUE RACING is coming out. How about at least putting out a checklist so we an see what we will be getting. Thanks
Will update when we have new info. Stay tuned.
I’d love to see Elite make a return to the hardwood this year! That is my favorite one every year.
LOVE the look of the base cards (assuming the Irving Optic preview matches base) . The team color coding really makes this set stand out. It looks like the improvement in card design and photography we saw last year is going to continue into the new year and I for one can’t wait!
Yes, sir. You are correct on your assumption.
Donruss is certainly the benchmark for any sport, this year’s basketball release looks to be no different. Thanks Tracy!