The fabled NBA Hoops Basketball brand isn't so much a trading card product as it is a basketball collecting institution. It's a vital, vibrant reminder of the impending new season, brimming every fall with promise, pageantry, potential and star power. For most collectors, basketball season isn't really basketball season until NBA Hoops arrives.
The fabled NBA Hoops Basketball brand isn’t so much a trading card product as it is a basketball collecting institution. It’s a vital, vibrant reminder of the impending new season, brimming every fall with promise, pageantry, potential and star power. For most collectors, basketball season isn’t really basketball season until NBA Hoops arrives.
And now that last week’s 2016 NBA Rookie Photo Shoot has come and gone, that means were one huge step closer to a new NBA Hoops arrival. Set to release in mid-October, 2016-17 NBA Hoops Basketball will deliver the first true Rookie Cards featuring members of the 2016 NBA Draft Class.
But the year’s first RCs are just the beginning. 2016-17 NBA Hoops Basketball has so much more in store, including . . .
- Hobby-exclusive Hot Signatures, Red Hot Signatures (numbered to 25), Hot Signatures Rookies and Red Hot Signatures Rookies (numbered to 25) autograph sets. The Hot Signatures checklist includes the likes of Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Anthony Davis and Andrew Wiggins.
- The return of the comprehensive Road to the Finals chase that documents the epic run of the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Larry O’Brien Trophy.
- Hobby-exclusive inserts such as Dreams, Bird’s Eye View, High Flyers, Courtside and Team Leaders; each insert is paralleled by Artist Proof (numbered to 25) and Gold (numbered to 10) versions.
- Hobby boxes (12 cards per pack, 24 packs per box) that deliver, on average, two autographs, 24 inserts or parallels and three Kobe 2K inserts. (You can also find exclusive Kobe 2K cards inserted into NBA 2K videogames).
- A robust retail presence that includes exclusive content such as Rise N Shine memorabilia cards, Great Significance autographs, Lights Camera Action, Faces of the Future, End 2 End, Swat Team and more.
- Unique retail parallels including Blue (numbered to 75) and Red (numbered to 15) Checkerboard cards in Retail, Blue and Red (numbered to 49) cards in Blasters, Teal (numbered to 49) and Orange (numbered to 25) cards in Gravity Feeds, and Teal Explosion and Orange Explosion (numbered to 75) in in Fat Packs.
We’ll have plenty more on 2016-17 NBA Hoops Basketball in the coming weeks as the release date draws closer. But until then, enjoy this first extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.