The rainbow is rich. It is resplendent. It is refractive. And it is returning. Panini America's popular Prizm Football franchise is preparing for the 2016 NFL season just as it's prepared during each of its previous four seasons: By breaking out a technicolor treasure trove of new Prizm parallel possibilities in a hobby-jumbo format high on eye-appeal.
The rainbow is rich. It is resplendent. It is refractive. And it is returning. Panini America’s popular Prizm Football franchise is preparing for the 2016 NFL season just as it’s prepared during each of its previous four seasons: By breaking out a technicolor treasure trove of new Prizm parallel possibilities in a hobby-jumbo format high on eye-appeal.
Set to arrive in hobby shops across North America in late October, each hobby-jumbo box of 2016 Prizm Football (12 cards per pack, 12 packs per box, 12 boxes per case) will deliver, on average, three autographs and 10 numbered Prizms. Panini America officials will also unveil several new Prizm parallels to chase. For more information, keep reading.
The highlights of the product are many and include . . .
- More Prizm content than ever before with at least 10 Prizm parallels numbered to 299 or less, including new Orange, Light Blue and Camo versions.
- Three autographs per box on average, including stunning Gold Vinyl and Black Finite parallels numbered to five and one, respectively.
- Hobby-Exclusive Peyton Manning and Charles Woodson Tribute cards following the top moments of each player’s legendary career.
- The rare Prizm Pairs insert featuring two autographs and two pieces of memorabilia from 2016’s top rookies; seeded one per case, on average.
- Psychedelic Razzle and Dazzle inserts falling less than one per case, on average.
- The Rookie Introductions insert that brings you up close with top members of the 2016 NFL Draft class.
- The rare Patented Penmanship insert featuring autographs from some of the NFL’s top stars.
- Several short-printed Prizm parallels including Camo (numbered to 25), Gold Vinyl (numbered to five) and Black Finite 1/1s.
As is always the case, 2016 Prizm Football also delivers a wealth of retail-exclusive content. Among those highlights . . .
- Blaster-exclusive Flash Prizms falling three per blaster box, on average; also look for Rookie Autograph Flash Prizms featuring signatures from top NFL rookies.
- Prizm Premier Jersey cards of 40 top rookies with Prime and Super Prime versions numbered to 49 and one, respectively.
- Each Blaster Box (four cards per pack, six packs per box) will deliver one autograph or memorabilia card, on average.
- Multi-Pack-exclusive Red White and Blue Disco Prizms falling three per multi-pack, on average; also look for Rookie Autograph Red White and Blue Disco Prizms featuring signatures from top NFL rookies.
- Look for one Green Prizm parallel per multi-pack, on average.
- Each 15-card multi-pack will yield, on average, three Red White and Blue Disco Prizms and one Green Prizm.
We’ll have plenty more on all 2016 Prizm Football SKUs in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, enjoy this glorious, and colorful, first look:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.
5 Replies to “Panini America Provides Detailed First Look at 2016 Prizm Football (Preview Gallery)”
Since 2012, this has been my favorite set. I can’t wait to build it.
Glad you’re a loyal supporter.
Will Dan Marino be in this? Please say yes???
Prizm has become a hobby staple, with it’s unique content per packaging/distribution method and eminently collectable rainbows. Really looking forward to seeing the final version of each of these cards, thanks Tracy!
Has anyone else noticed that these cards have been released printed on 2 different types of card stock & finishing? The older ones are a thinner stock, with dark, almost plastic looking edges, and the newer ones are slightly thicker, with bright white edges, and an extra-heavy and sharp-edged top coating that you can feel on all the edges. The newer, thicker cards stand out when viewing a stack of singles from the side. Any insight as to how/why it happened or comparative scarcity would be very helpful.
G Whiz Sports Cards