Panini America officials earlier this week released preliminary product information on the upcoming 2019 Prizm Baseball and, in the process, created quite a stir with one preview image in particular: The spectacular Color Rush case chase featuring young superstar Ronald Acuna Jr. Indeed, it’s one of the bold new additions to the company’s popular Prizm franchise that’s sure to keep the product top of mind not only when it releases in mid May, but long after as well.
Set to arrive in hobby shops across North America on May 15, 2019 Prizm Baseball delivers, on average, three autographs, three Silver Prizms, four Blue Prizms, five Red Prizms and 12 inserts per hobby box (12 cards per pack, 12 packs per box, 12 boxes per case).
Additional highlights of 2019 Prizm Baseball are many and include . . .
- Hot Boxes featuring 24 unique Prizm parallels in addition to either extra autos or Prizms.
- With 100 players in the Rookie Autographs checklist, Prizm features signatures of a comprehensive list of first-year players.
- Big-time players = big-time autographs: Look for names like Shohei Ohtani, Rhys Hoskins and Trevor Story among others in Signatures.
- “Collecting the rainbow” creates the thrill of the chase for collectors and with a 300-card base set and 20 parallels, there will be plenty of fun to go around.
- Autographs of today’s young stars in Game Ball Graphs.
- Profiles joins the aforementioned Color Rush as another captivating case chase.
- The stars in the 10-card Instant Impact insert are capable of changing the game in an instant with their bat, glove, legs or arm.
We’ll have plenty more on 2019 Prizm Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. Until then, enjoy this extended sneak peek:
Shop the official online store of Panini America for your favorite baseball products.
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.