When it comes to the world of high-end trading card releases, they get no higher than Panini America's already-fabled Flawless franchise. From its trademark briefcase packaging to its crowning jewels (cards embedded with real precious gems) to its staggering selection of autograph and memorabilia cards, the Flawless brand has needed just a few short years to forever raise the high-end bar in both basketball and football. Finally, it will do the same in baseball, too.
When it comes to the world of high-end trading card releases, they get no higher than Panini America’s already-fabled Flawless franchise. From its trademark briefcase packaging to its crowning jewels (cards embedded with real precious gems) to its staggering selection of autograph and memorabilia cards, the Flawless brand has needed just a few short years to forever raise the high-end bar in both basketball and football. Finally, it will do the same in baseball, too.
In early June, Panini America will unveil 2016 Flawless Baseball, the first standalone Flawless Baseball release in company history. Following a gem-embedded, insert-set debut in 2014 National Treasures Baseball, the brand is finally getting a set to call its very own.
Every 10-card briefcase of 2016 Flawless Baseball will deliver six on-card autographs, two memorabilia cards and two cards featuring real precious gems. The highlights of baseball’s Flawless debut are considerable and include . . .
- Flawless Gems numbered to 20 or less featuring diamonds, emeralds, sapphires and rubies of legends, Hall of Famers, current stars and rookies.
- Flawless Cuts Memorabilia Prime cards of Babe Ruth, Jackie Robinson, John McGraw, Lefty Gomez, Lou Gehrig, Roberto Clemente, Stan Musial and Ted Williams.
- The All-Time Greats Memorabilia insert includes Ruth, Robinson, McGraw, Gomez, Gehrig, Clemente, Williams, Dizzy Dean, Eddie Collins, Frank Chance, Herb Pennock, Honus Wagner, Joe DiMaggio, “Shoeless” Joe Jackson, Rogers Hornsby, Tris Speaker and Ty Cobb.
- Legendary Teammates Memorabilia includes 1927 New York Babe Ruth/Lou Gehrig/Bob Meusel, 1931 Chicago Gabby Hartnett/Rogers Hornsby/Hack Wilson, 1961 New York Bill Dickey/Joe DiMaggio/Lefty Gomez and 1928 Philadelphia Eddie Collins/Jimmie Foxx/Ty Cobb.
- On-card-signature inserts include Greats Dual Memorabilia Autographs, Patch Autographs, Rookie Patches Autographs, Transitions, Red/White/Blue Autographs, Hall of Fame Autographs, Greats Autographs, Rookie Autographs, Flawless Signatures, Flawless Rookie Signatures and Flawless Dual Signatures.
- Each card in the Teammates insert showcases three teammates from some of baseball’s most famous teams. Look for legendary lineups like the No.3, 4 and 5 hitters in the feared “Murderers’ Row”.
- The Players Collection insert includes quad memorabilia pieces of legends like Ruth, Robinson, Clemente, Foxx, DiMaggio, Hornsby, Cobb and Dizzy Dean.
- Rookie Patches Autographs features top 2016 rookies including Kyle Schwarber, Miguel Sano, Michael Conforto, Stephen Piscotty, Trea Turner, Luis Severino and Aaron Nola; look for five parallels numbered to 20 or less.
- The Hall of Fame Autographs insert features five parallels numbered to 20 or less; the Greats Autographs insert features five parallels numbered to 15 or less.
We’ll have plenty more on 2016 Flawless Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, enjoy this extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.
2 Replies to “Panini America Releases Preliminary Details on 2016 Flawless Baseball (Preview Gallery)”
I like the the look of the cards. But if I buy a high-end card. I would like to see the MLB logos. That’s a big turn off for me. No MLB license is no way for me..
Flawless is a tremendous program, these are truly impressive early images. Can’t wait! Thanks Tracy!