In late March, Panini America keeps its new-found baseball momentum going with the release of 2011 Limited Baseball, a product with a proud legacy that truly lives up to its name with just 249 complete base sets, the incorporation of real gold and silver, and the return of landmark button and batting helmet cards.
In early April, Panini America keeps its new-found baseball momentum going with the release of 2011 Limited Baseball, a product with a proud legacy that truly lives up to its name with just 249 complete base sets, the incorporation of real gold and silver, and the return of landmark button and batting helmet cards.
2011 Limited Baseball also will mark the company’s second use of its new multi-year trading card agreement with the National Baseball Hall of Fame.
Each seven-card pack of 2011 Limited Baseball will yield three autograph or memorabilia cards (with at least two autographs guaranteed and the possibility of three), and each 15-pack case will deliver an average of 43 autographs.
The checklist of signers includes top current MLBPA stars such as Josh Hamilton, David Wright, Matt Kemp and Dustin Pedroia, highly coveted 2011 draft picks and some of the greatest legends in baseball history, including Ken Griffey Jr., Cal Ripken Jr. and Don Mattingly. Many of the autographs will be incorporated on Panini Chromium cards.
Other highlights from 2011 Limited Baseball include:
- The 30-card Historical Cuts cut-autograph insert limited to five or less and including legends of baseball, other sports, entertainment and the political arena. Historical Cuts will deliver what is believed to be the first cut autograph of turn-of-the-century boxer Jack Johnson, as well as cuts from George Steinbrenner, Lucille Ball and Ben Hogan.
- The unique Rawlings Gold Gloves Signatures insert that includes an embedded piece of real 14-karat gold and an autograph on cards numbered to just 20 or less.
- The incorporation of game-worn or game-used memorabilia from “Shoeless” Joe Jackson, Lou Gehrig, Ty Cobb, Jimmie Foxx and more
- Silver Slugger Signatures featuring autographs and real pieces of silver on cards numbered to 49 or less
- Hard Hats, the industry’s first game-worn batting helmet cards in 10 years, numbered to 99
- The return of Button cards incorporating buttons from legendary game-worn jerseys numbered to 3 or less
You can get your first look at 2011 Limited Baseball in the gallery below. Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for additional updates on the product as they become available.
16 Replies to “Panini Peek: 2011 Limited Baseball”
NO STINKIN WAY!!!! YOU GUYS GOT GRIFFEY!!!
That is one sick card and my only PC baseball guy! Griffey was the man. He didnt do steroids. He was a family man and wasnt greedy. Gotta love and respect him.
These cards look really nice!!!! And not just the Griffey!
In a word: BRILLIANT! Thanks for the sneek peek, this is definitely something to look forward to while we watch spring training!
One question though: why is this considered a 2011 product and not 2012 when other 2012 products have already been released?
Another Great Product!!!
I am thoroughly intrigued. Any product that can bring me closer to the pillars upon which the American sporting experience rests…is a special product, indeed. The checklist, coupled with the implementation of the memorabilia and innovative materials, bodes well for a unique and compelling product. As the first African-American heavyweight champion who truly shattered presumptions about white athletes and their “dominance,” the Jack Johnson autograph is a very special piece of Americana.
Absolute props’ Panini! Very impressive.
I haven’t opened Limited baseball since…well 2005. I actually still have the empty box from that product sitting next to me right now with some Red Sox cards in it.
You have no idea how excited this stuff makes me.
Glad to hear it, Kevin.
Ohhh Yeah! I cant wait until this product releases!! Lookin good, Panini! I just hope its going to be redemption-light! 🙂
Can’t wait to see more of this!! Panini making a STRONG entrance into the baseball market!
I remember the stir in the hobby when Donr/playoff bought the Babe Jersey and the Button cards. I am so psyched I plan to go to this years National and I’m looking for me some retro boxes and Donruss is where I start. I love the Prime cuts/Limited and the Absolute products looking forward to this.
I’m so glad this product is coming out. Just can’t wait for it soon enough!
this looks AMAZING…would luv to pull anyone of those cards, awesome guys, thanks !!
After seeing Prime Cuts I wouldn’t touch this woth my worst enemies wallet.