If Panini America's 2013 Absolute Football were a house on Halloween, it'd be the one every kid in the neighborhood would consider a must-visit destination: Full of treats, absolutely devoid of tricks and packed with more thrills than even the most engaging haunted house. Given that the revamped rendition of the longtime industry staple is slated to hit hobby shops just one day before Halloween, that analogy seems especially fitting.
If Panini America’s 2013 Absolute Football were a house on Halloween, it’d be the one every kid in the neighborhood would consider a must-visit destination: Full of treats, absolutely devoid of tricks and packed with more thrills than even the most engaging haunted house. Given that the revamped rendition of the longtime industry staple is slated to hit hobby shops just one day before Halloween, that analogy seems especially fitting.
Every four-pack hobby box of 2013 Absolute Football will deliver two autographs, two memorabilia cards, two Rookie Cards, two parallels and four of the all-new, one-per-pack Hogg Heaven inserts. But now as always, Absolute’s RC calling cards in 2013 will be Rookie Premiere Materials autographed memorabilia beauties.
The aforementioned treats found in the hit-per-pack heavyweight that is 2013 Absolute Football are plentiful and include:
- A base set that incorporates stunning photography of the league’s hottest stars and veterans, with rare color parallels.
- The product’s popular Rookie Premiere Materials autographed RCs numbered to 299 or less and featuring the 40 players who attended the 2013 NFLPA Rookie Premiere. Rare parallel versions include Prime, Jumbo Prime, AFC/NFC Prime, Jersey Numbers Prime, NFL Shield, Nike Swoosh and Laundry Tag.
- Leather & Lace cards featuring either shoelaces and a player-worn shoe swatch or football laces and and a swatch of football, with each card numbered to 49 or less.
- The addition of the striking Hogg Heaven insert seeded one per pack and featuring current NFL stars and 2013 rookies. Look for limited Boss Hogg versions numbered to 99 and Hogg Wild versions numbered to just 10.
- Plates & Patches returns and incorporates pieces of nameplate and prime swatches taken from the game-worn jerseys of the NFL’s current superstars and retired greats, numbered to 49 or less and including autographed versions.
- The landmark Tools of the Trade insert returns with a whole new locker room of game-worn or game-used memorabilia, including shoes, helmets, facemasks and receiving gloves on cards numbered to 99 or less and including rare autographed versions.
We’ll have plenty more to cover as 2013 Absolute Football gets closer to release right here on The Knight’s Lance. But for now, sit back and enjoy this extended first look:
All information is accurate at the time of posting. Content is subject to change. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display.
0 Replies to “Panini Peek: 2013 Absolute Football”
Looks nice, like the GU gloves, and LOVE that AP! New crazy neat sig???…
Wow looks great! My only concern is the rookies’ card images look too bloated and oversized to fit the card. A little bit of downsizing and more refractor color on spectrums would be great. Like for the rg3 spectrum you can barely tell what spectrum is which! A solid blue color background on the blue spectrums and red background on red spectrums would be a nice touch. Also as a collector I wouldn’t mind getting autograph redemptions as long as the auto was on card due to the redemption. This I think would be better than slabbing on a sticker auto to get the cards made for release date. I think the addition of footballs is a nice touch on the memorabilia side of things as long as the ball can be somehow authenticated like this ball was used against this team and such. I know it’s just a preview but I thought I’d get my two cents in. Thanks again for giving us this sneakpeak 🙂
That thin “L” in the RPMs look odd. Tools of the trade looks solid!
ok awesome memorabilia cards..now what is “Hogg Heaven” I was thinking we were getting some cool cards of the top picks in the draft like offensive and defensive linemen..or if not something like the old Redskins teams “Hogs” I’m not figuring out Hogg Heaven together with Colin Kaepernick though..help me out here because I know I’m missing something
Hogg Heaven is a proud name from the past that we’ve used throughout the years.
Hog Heaven and Tools Of Trade are Nice!
Back to Stickers this year for the RPMs? No thanks! I am disappointed! Any word if Gridiron is coming or has it been dropped?
Gridiron will not be back as a stand-alone product.
I’d rather have every single auto a sticker, than 2 redemptions in every box, thats my 2 cents
I have some of the original Hogg Heaven cards and they are great. These should be as well. My wish is that Panini would STOP cutting off the top of the helmet on their pictures, but maybe that is just me.
Hope all the TOTT look like the one in the pic – sweet colors! Should be a fun box to open
So Gridiron Gear will not be a product this year? will there be a retail “rookie jersey collection” set?
Yes there will be, and I believe it’s slated for Absolute.
I like the close cropping on the rookie cards
When does it come out?
I really like the base card design, great job bringing back Hogg Heaven too. Thanks Tracy!
More.,., need …more. I’m not an addict, I can quit Panini Football any time I want. I just don’t want to.
look forward to Absolute every year, glad to see hogg heven and leather and laces names return
Eddie Lacy is a must have, Go Pack Go!
One of the products I look forward to every year, looks like another solid release is coming up.