The obvious question now, of course, is what does Panini America have planned for an encore in 2013 Golden Age Baseball? Well, for starters, there's more Stooges, new minis, new card-back variations, more old-school bliss, more history, more multisport magic and more majestic memorabilia.
By many accounts, Panini America’s 2012 Golden Age Baseball was one of the most eclectic and entertaining new products of last season, helped immensely by, among other things, a stacked checklist of base cards, autographs and memorabilia that was as historic as it was fun, a hardcore throwback feel, a collectible cache of minis and card-back variations . . . and the Three Stooges.
The obvious question now, of course, is what does Panini America have planned for an encore? Well, for starters, there’s more Stooges, new minis, new card-back variations, more old-school bliss, more history, more multisport magic and more majestic memorabilia.
2013 Golden Age Baseball will arrive in late June boasting a familiar and attractive $3 pack SRP and a bevy of bells and whistles, including . . .
- The addition of Delong Gum inserts: Nearly 85 years after their original release, Delong Gum cards return with an all-star lineup of talent seeded an average of one per box making them collectible once more.
- Exhibits! Exhibit cards from the 1940s through the final years in the mid-1960s captured the image of the depicted athlete like few other cards did. A new 40-card run of Exhibits will be featured in 2013 Golden Age as box-toppers.
- A 150-card base set featuring prominent personalities from the worlds of sports, entertainment and politics, complete with a popular mini parallel set with six different collectible back variations.
- A nine-card Three Stooges insert that represents the largest Stooges trading-card presence since the 1960s.
- A new lineup of Historic Signatures on-card autographs that includes Sugar Ray Leonard, Yogi Berra, Thomas Hearns, Bo Derek and legendary comic book artist Stan Lee, among others.
- New insert sets such as Bread for Energy (10 cards), Tip Top Bread Labels (10 cards) and Golden Age Playing Cards (52 playing cards plus two jokers).
- An average box break that should yield one Historic Signatures card, one Museum Age Memorabilia card, 24 Mini Parallels, two Bread For Energy inserts, two Delong Gum inserts, one Three Stooges insert, one Tip Top Bread Label, eight Golden Age Playing Cards and one Exhibit box-topper.
We’ll have plenty more to preview on 2013 Golden Age Baseball in the coming weeks and months. But for now, take a moment to bask in the following preview images.
All information is accurate at the time of posting. Content is subject to change. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display.
10 Replies to “Panini Peek: 2013 Golden Age Baseball”
2012 product was fun and this looks like another winner! Can’t wait for late June to arrive!
That Evel Knieval card is in a word, EPIC!
Nice looking set.
These look really cool! Any word on if they will be available in retail or are they a hobby only release? Can’t wait till I can get some!
I thoroughly enjoyed this product! Best value for the money in my opinion. Cool eclectic cards! I think I got 6 boxes this year and 5 of the 6 had fantastic autos and/or mem cards inside. well worth it and looking forward to a bunch more this summer. Soitenly!! Gnuk gnuk gnuk!
Looks interesting, I remember the buzz around the 2012 edition for the autograph selection and the saddle cards among collectors in my area. Should be another solid release based on this preview, thanks Tracy!
great looking cards, the old look is always better than the modern cards now.thanks Panini
Really excited about this. Loved 2012 edition
Stooges FTW!!! cant wait to pick up that card and bust some packs