It's no stretch to say that Panini America's 2012 Triple Play Baseball was one of the most enjoyable, affordable, fun-for-all-ages trading card releases of the year. What with its entertaining mix of colorful illustrations, wearable Eye Blacks, temporary tattoos and stickers, Triple Play reemerged this season with a frolicking, fervent flair all its own.
It’s no stretch to say that Panini America’s 2012 Triple Play Baseball was one of the most enjoyable, affordable, fun-for-all-ages trading card releases of the year. With its entertaining mix of colorful illustrations, wearable Eye Blacks, temporary tattoos and stickers, Triple Play reemerged this season with a frolicking, fervent flair all its own.
That’s the good news. The better news? In late March, 2013 Triple Play Baseball will provide an ever-entertaining follow-up to last year’s release with new illustrations, new MLBPA superstars, more Eye Blacks, more tattoos . . . and more fun. And it remains just 99 cents per pack.
Each box of 2013 Triple Play Baseball (seven cards per pack, 24 packs per box) will deliver two When I Was a Kid inserts, 15 Red-Bordered Stickers, six Blue-Bordered Stickers, three Cartoon Stickers, four Baseball 101 inserts, two Traditions, eight Panini All-Stars, eight Eye Blacks and eight Tattoos.
Other product highlights include:
- More Eye Black Stickers! 2013 Triple Play Baseball features 20 unique Eye Blacks designs, including player names, nicknames and even the famous Rated Rookie logo. Eye Blacks also fall more frequently in packs — and each Eye Blacks card has four stickers.
- More Tattoos! 2013 Triple Play Baseball features a larger Tattoos checklist as well as better odds of finding them. Included in 2013, for the very first time, are player tattoos.
- All new designs in 2013 and a fresh checklist including top rookie Jurickson Profar.
- The When I Was a Kid insert returns with a new checklist of MLBPA superstars recalling their childhood baseball memories and what the game meant to them growing up.
- Triple Play’s Real Feel memorabilia cards are back by popular demand featuring six different material types (jerseys, bats, batting gloves, fielding gloves, bases and pants). For 2013, there will be more color swatches incorporated for an insert that will fall roughly one in two boxes.
- Panini America officials have selected 30 of the best players in the game for the new Panini All-Stars insert that honors the likes of Derek Jeter, Stephen Strasburg and more.
We’ll have plenty more to share on 2013 Triple Play Baseball right here on The Knight’s Lance in the coming weeks and months. But for now, enjoy this first extended look at the product . . .