It's no stretch to say that Panini America's 2012 Triple Play Baseball was one of the most enjoyable, affordable, fun-for-all-ages trading card releases of the year. What with its entertaining mix of colorful illustrations, wearable Eye Blacks, temporary tattoos and stickers, Triple Play reemerged this season with a frolicking, fervent flair all its own.
It’s no stretch to say that Panini America’s 2012 Triple Play Baseball was one of the most enjoyable, affordable, fun-for-all-ages trading card releases of the year. With its entertaining mix of colorful illustrations, wearable Eye Blacks, temporary tattoos and stickers, Triple Play reemerged this season with a frolicking, fervent flair all its own.
That’s the good news. The better news? In late March, 2013 Triple Play Baseball will provide an ever-entertaining follow-up to last year’s release with new illustrations, new MLBPA superstars, more Eye Blacks, more tattoos . . . and more fun. And it remains just 99 cents per pack.
Each box of 2013 Triple Play Baseball (seven cards per pack, 24 packs per box) will deliver two When I Was a Kid inserts, 15 Red-Bordered Stickers, six Blue-Bordered Stickers, three Cartoon Stickers, four Baseball 101 inserts, two Traditions, eight Panini All-Stars, eight Eye Blacks and eight Tattoos.
Other product highlights include:
- More Eye Black Stickers! 2013 Triple Play Baseball features 20 unique Eye Blacks designs, including player names, nicknames and even the famous Rated Rookie logo. Eye Blacks also fall more frequently in packs — and each Eye Blacks card has four stickers.
- More Tattoos! 2013 Triple Play Baseball features a larger Tattoos checklist as well as better odds of finding them. Included in 2013, for the very first time, are player tattoos.
- All new designs in 2013 and a fresh checklist including top rookie Jurickson Profar.
- The When I Was a Kid insert returns with a new checklist of MLBPA superstars recalling their childhood baseball memories and what the game meant to them growing up.
- Triple Play’s Real Feel memorabilia cards are back by popular demand featuring six different material types (jerseys, bats, batting gloves, fielding gloves, bases and pants). For 2013, there will be more color swatches incorporated for an insert that will fall roughly one in two boxes.
- Panini America officials have selected 30 of the best players in the game for the new Panini All-Stars insert that honors the likes of Derek Jeter, Stephen Strasburg and more.
We’ll have plenty more to share on 2013 Triple Play Baseball right here on The Knight’s Lance in the coming weeks and months. But for now, enjoy this first extended look at the product . . .
7 Replies to “Panini Peek: 2013 Triple Play Baseball”
My wife has been giving 2012 Triple Play cards out to some of her special needs students and it makes their day! This product really stands out amongst the others, with kids especially. Keep up the good work!
Great product but the Rated Rookie logo stood out to me. I would be proud to wear that around
How cool would this be for kids if the box was a metal lunchbox?
You can thank me later for the great idea!
Man oh man… I just love the looks on those cards! Awesome for every age group! How much are single packs and boxes gonna be? I think they should be around what a kid can afford a week, but still have a chance at a great hit relic card, so like $1-$3? There’s no doubt I’ll be picking up some though!
99 cents a pack!
WOW! That is AWESOME Tracy, thanks for the reply! I will be picking up LOADS of packs when it comes out, it’s gonna be a blast opening them all!
I like the style of the cards and the price can’t be beat.