One of the most popular NFL trading card products so far this season -- the flagship 2016 Donruss Football -- is about to get optimized. Actually, it's about to get Optichrome-ized. Just as it did with 2016 Donruss Baseball, Panini America is taking 2016 Donruss Football to another level with 2016 Donruss Optic Football, an Optichrome-enhanced version of the successful Donruss Football release set to arrive December 14.
One of the most popular NFL trading card products so far this season — the flagship 2016 Donruss Football — is about to get optimized. Actually, it’s about to get Optichrome-ized. Just as it did with 2016 Donruss Baseball, Panini America is taking 2016 Donruss Football to another level with 2016 Donruss Optic Football, an Optichrome-enhanced version of the successful Donruss Football release set to arrive December 14.
The product will present every popular aspect of base-brand Donruss Football in a whole new light by gracing every card with the printing technology that made Prizm famous. On average, each hobby box of 2016 Donruss Optic Football (four cards per pack, 20 packs per box, 12 boxes per case) will deliver one autograph, 10 Rated Rookies, 10 Rookie Cards, four base Holo cards, two Rookie Holo cards, two Rated Rookie Holo cards, one Gridiron Kings, one Legends of the Fall, one The Rookies and one Prototype.
As you’ll see below, the highlights of the product are plentiful and include . . .
- Look for one autograph card per box (including some on-card signatures from top rookies) along with 12 numbered cards, inserts or parallels per box.
- Find rare Rookie Patch Autographs, Rookie Dual Autographs and Rookie Triple Autographs.
- The Optic debut of the popular Fans of the Game Autographs and The Legends Series Autographs.
- Chase the rainbows of your favorite players with Base, Base Holo, Aqua (numbered to 299), Orange (numbered to 199), Blue (numbered to 149), Red (numbered to 99), Carolina Blue (numbered to 50), Black (numbered to 25), Gold (numbered to 10), Green (numbered to five) and Gold Vinyl (numbered to only one) versions.
- Find on-card Rated Rookie Autographs.
- The X-Factors insert features 20 of the NFL’s brightest stars on a striking die-cut design.
- Fans of the Game returns with superstars such as Daisy Ridley, Al Pacino and Megan Fox.
We’ll have much more to preview on 2016 Donruss Optic Football in the coming weeks here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, here’s an extended sneak peek at the product:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.
3 Replies to “Panini Peek: A Preliminary Look Inside 2016 Donruss Optic Football (Preview Gallery)”
I really liked the Donruss design this year. Looking forward to seeing it with the optichrome treatment.
I really liked what I saw from this year’s regular Donruss, getting an Optic version is quite exciting. Thanks Tracy!
Wow! Love everything I see in Optic. Panini America’s Optic is no illusion. It’s the real deal, delivering everything 2016 Donruss Football did but even better!