It seems only appropriate that one of the greatest soccer legends of all time, Brazil's iconic Pelé, plays a pivotal role in Panini America's upcoming 2017 Nobility Soccer, the company's first soccer product dedicated almost entirely to the beautiful game's retired greats. Perhaps none are greater, though, than Pelé, who is the subject of a special 10-card insert set featuring pieces of Pelé's match-worn Santos jersey. The final five cards in the set will be autographed by the legend.
It seems only appropriate that one of the greatest soccer legends of all time, Brazil’s iconic Pelé, plays a pivotal role in Panini America’s upcoming 2017 Nobility Soccer, the company’s first soccer product dedicated almost entirely to the beautiful game’s retired greats. Perhaps none are greater, though, than Pelé, who is the subject of a special 10-card insert set featuring pieces of Pelé’s match-worn Santos jersey. The final five cards in the set will be autographed by the legend.
As you’ll see in the preview gallery that follows, the Pelé cards are simply sublime. And although many of 2017 Nobility Soccer’s calling cards have “Pelé” all over them, there’s so much more to the product for longtime soccer aficionados to cherish. Set to arrive in hobby shops across North America in early October, 2017 Nobility Soccer will deliver, on average, two autographs, four base-set SPs, four inserts and four parallels in every hobby box (20 cards per pack, two packs per box, eight boxes per case).
The highlights of this new release are extensive and include . . .
- Nobility’s first appearance in any sport features retired greats in action with their national team for the majority of of the set.
- Only eight active players make the cut in Nobility: Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Clint Dempsey, Christian Pulisic, Rafael Marquez, Gianluigi Buffon and Manuel Neuer.
- In addition to 26 base cards, each box of 2017 Nobility Soccer will deliver four inserts, four parallels (all numbered to 199 or less) and two autographs.
- Autographed cards from a stunning array of retired soccer stars. In addition to on-card signatures from Pelé, collect hand-signed cards from international legends such as Michael Ballack, Alan Shearer, Eric Cantona and Luis Figo, as well as U.S. legends Mia Hamm and Abby Wambach. Also find authentic autographs of soccer icons Gabriel Batistuta, Miroslav Klose, Steven Gerrard, Andriy Shevchenko, Raul, Peter Schmeichel, Patrick Vieira and many more.
- A base set that includes 80 icons of soccer’s past, including Pelé, Raul, Jurgen Klinsmann, Ruud van Nistelrooy and many more. The base set is paralleled by six chase-worthy versions in Red (numbered to 199), Blue (numbered to 99), Orange (numbered to 49), Bronze (numbered to 20), Gold (numbered to 10) and Black 1/1s.
- The Nobility base-set SPs (card #’s 81-100) feature 20 of the most highly collectible players of the past and present. Look for stars of the past such as Pelé, Franz Beckenbauer and Hugo Sanchez, as well as current stars such as Messi, Ronaldo and Pulisic.
- The Crescent Signatures insert features autographed cards from a wide array of legends including Eric Cantona, Luis Figo, Hamm and Wambach. Look for Orange, Bronze, Gold and Platinum parallels.
- Special inserts For Club, And Country that showcase 10 players with one of their club teams and their national team. Available in Gold (numbered to 10) and Platinum (numbered to only one) versions.
- Iconic Signatures features autographs of retired and current soccer players including Batistuta, Schmeichel, Paolo Maldini, Messi, Ronaldo and Pulisic. Collect Orange, Bronze, Gold and Platinum parallels numbered to 49 or less.
- Marquee Moments highlights some of the most legendary happenings in the history of soccer, featuring Gold (numbered to 10) and Platinum 1/1 parallels.
We’ll have plenty more on 2017 Nobility Soccer in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. Until then, however, enjoy this extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.