Panini America Delivers Detailed First Look at 2016 Flawless Soccer (Preview Gallery)
Early last week, Panini America officials sent an international buzz reverberating through the sports collectibles industry by announcing at the 2016 Industry Summit the intention to deliver its high-end Flawless brand to the soccer pitch. A few days later, right here on The Knight’s Lance, we offered a brief glimpse into what that highly anticipated release will look like.
Today, we’re taking a deeper dive into 2016 Flawless Soccer with your first look at the product’s preliminary solicitation material. Set to arrive in late May, 2016 Flawless Soccer will yield six autographs, two memorabilia cards and two cards embedded with genuine precious gems in every 10-card box.
As you’ll see in the preview gallery that follows, 2016 Flawless Soccer is destined to be unlike any other soccer trading card release ever produced. The highlights are plentiful and include . . .
- A wide assortment of the world’s best footballers past and present, with all players shown in action for either their club team and/or their national team.
- All memorabilia pieces are match-worn, with many coming directly from the player to guarantee authenticity. Look for pieces of jerseys, shorts, socks, boots and even rarely found shinguard and glove swatches.
- All Flawless cards are sequentially numbered to 25 or less and each features either an authentic gem, match-worn memorabilia swatch and/or an on-card autograph.
- 2016 Flawless Soccer features the best club and national teams in the world, including Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain, as well as Germany, Argentina, England, Brazil and more. All base cards will feature a real diamond with parallels that feature rubies, sapphires, emeralds and larger diamonds.
- Numbered to 10 or less with a 1/1 Black parallel version, the pioneering Flawless Studs insert includes two actual studs cut from match-worn soccer boots of stars such as Harry Kane, Cristiano Ronaldo and Miroslav Klose.
- The Flawless Finishes set commemorates memorable goals scored by great players of the past and present, such as Pelé, Alan Shearer, James Rodríguez and Mario Götze.
- Flawless Dual Patch Autograph cards feature just that — two large patch pieces along with an on-card autograph. In this insert, find star footballers such as Ronaldo, Joe Hart and Luis Suárez, as well as Ruby, Gold, Emerald and Black parallel cards.
- Showcasing the most unique part of any soccer uniform, the cleats, Sole of the Game Signatures combines colorful match-worn shoe material with an on-card autograph. Look for players such as Lionel Messi, Steven Gerrard and Tim Howard, among others.
- Some of the most notable figures in soccer’s proud history are highlighted in the Legendary Signatures set. Signers include Sir Bobby Charlton, Franz Beckenbauer, Roberto Baggio, Carlos Valderrama, Xavi Hernández and more.
We’ll have plenty more on 2016 Flawless Soccer in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. Until then, check out this extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.