Panini America Delivers Detailed First Look at 2016 Classics Football (Preview Gallery)
Following five long years on the bench, the fabled Classics Football franchise is getting back into Panini America’s starting lineup. Indeed, for the first time since 2010, the venerable brand is making a triumphant comeback — something longtime Classics collectors have been requesting for half a decade.
Set to arrive in late May, 2016 Classics Football will deliver its familiar blend of all-time icons, current superstars and standout rookies with throwback-themed aesthetics. The complete package is akin to an NFL history book on cardboard, bolstered by unique autograph and memorabilia content.
On average, each hobby box of 2016 Classics Football (10 cards per pack, 14 packs per box) will deliver one autograph. The highlights of the product are many and include . . .
- Rare hard-signed BuyBack cards featuring the best and brightest from Donruss-branded programs of the past; one per case on average.
- Rare memorabilia cards of the NFL’s past and present icons, including Hall of Famers featured in Canton Collections Swatches.
- The chase-worthy Classic Combos Signatures featuring pairs of football legends numbered to 49 or less.
- An old-school parallel chase that will require closer examination of the base cards.
- A robust 300-card base set including the NFL’s top current stars, past performers and future legends; look for one Rookie Card per pack on average.
We’ll have plenty more on the triumphant return of Classics Football in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, enjoy this extended sneak peek (keeping in mind that the Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota cards featured below are merely to show collectors what Classics’ rookie designs will look like):
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.