Teaser Gallery: Panini America Opens Three Early Boxes of 2016 Prizm NASCAR Racing

August 2, 2016

Panini America 2016 Prizm NASCAR Racing Teaser1

This time tomorrow, the green flag will drop on a bright, colorful collecting future for NASCAR. This time tomorrow, Panini America’s history-making first NASCAR trading card product — 2016 Prizm NASCAR Racing — arrives in hobby shops across North America, bolstered by the rainbow array of collectible possibilities that only the Prizm brand can deliver.

The previews have been coming swiftly and furiously in the last few days, both from our friends at NASCAR and from right here on The Knight’s Lance — and clearly, NASCAR fans are ready. Today, for your viewing pleasure, we offer one more pre-release preview before tomorrow’s huge release day.

In the Teaser Gallery that follows, we take you pack by pack through three early boxes of 2016 Prizm NASCAR Racing, a riveting experience characterized by color, rarity and a strong autograph and memorabilia checklist. Take a look for yourself below and stay tuned for continued coverage.

1. August 2, 2016 1:32 pm

They look great! I can’t wait for my box to arrive, every time I hear a truck I’m going to jump up and see if it is my box, LOL. I really am looking forward to the Prizm parallels, the technology has never been used in NASCAR before and it looks like they are going to exceed my expectations. Especially the car shots! I wish I could have afforded more than one box, as I hope to complete the set. Someday, maybe, if I am lucky!

2. August 3, 2016 6:05 am

Those are some HUGE names on the autograph checklist, wow! Thanks for the preview Tracy!

3. Sean permalink
    August 3, 2016 11:37 pm

3 autos in 3 boxes? I’ve seen a ton opened and people are lucky to get 1 auto in 3-4 boxes. And what is up with all the single color relics? I thought you would’ve gone all out with your first racing release. In reality I am hoping this is the worst racing product you come out with, because this is a let down product.

• August 4, 2016 12:08 am

Hmmm . . . each hobby box should deliver one autograph and two memorabilia cards. I haven’t seen one yet that hasn’t delivered that but would be interested to see those breaks you’re referencing if you have links. There are many prime firesuit memorabilia cards in the product but it’s hard to get major prime from a mostly all-black tire. 🙂 Appreciate the feedback.

• Sean permalink
        August 6, 2016 7:45 pm

I was in some breaks with Friendly Box Breaks that had 2 autos in each inner case of 4 boxes I think. I was also in some with stl Sportscards as well with no where near 1 auto per box. And all the firesuit cards I’ve seen have been one color, and if you have to use tires, use the outside where we can at least have one other color besides black.

4. August 11, 2016 7:07 am

Tracy, I just saw the ‘variations’ gallery over at Beckett ( http://www.beckett.com/news/2016-panini-prizm-racing-variations-gallery/ ), and have a quick question if you can answer it.

Why did you guys choose a picture for Mark Martin from when he was driving the #5 Kellogg’s Chevy instead of the #6 Valvoline Ford to match the variation card number like all of the other drivers? It’s the only one that doesn’t match the car number with the card number. Stuff like this does matter to us NASCAR fans. If you’re going thru all the trouble to match these SP cards with their historical car number, I’d expect the picture on the card to properly match as well.

• August 11, 2016 2:44 pm

Good question, James. Got this from our product folks:

We used card #6 as the SP since Terry Labonte was already SP #5. We didn’t use an older photo because we didn’t have one at the time.

• August 13, 2016 7:56 am

Alright, Tracy. Thanks for getting back to me about this. 🙂 Sucks that you didn’t have a Valvoline photo at that time for Mark, but understandable.

1. Ready. Set. Trade: Panini America, NASCAR Team Properties Release First Card Set | The Official Panini America Blog