Panini America officials are doing more than just penning a new chapter for the next edition of Playbook Football; they're essentially writing a whole new volume. And when 2013 Playbook Football releases in early October, it promises to meld the best parts of the first two launches (2011 and 2012) with some completely new plot twists sure to have football collectors salivating.
Panini America officials are doing more than just penning a new chapter for the next edition of Playbook Football; they’re essentially writing a whole new volume. And when 2013 Playbook Football releases in early October, it promises to meld the best parts of the first two launches (2011 and 2012) with some completely new plot twists sure to have football collectors salivating.
Already one of the most unique NFL trading card products on the market, Playbook will continue pushing the creative envelope in 2013 by delivering, for the first time, veteran autographed memorabilia booklets, stunning one-of-one Flywire Booklets, Playbook Coaches Signature Booklets honoring the game’s most legendary coaches, and booklets featuring the favorite plays of top 2013 rookies hand-sketched and autographed by the rookies themselves.
But perhaps the most intriguing new addition to the Playbook franchise involves the product taking a decidedly dirty turn — think “Fifty Shades of Grass Stains” or “The Great Unwashed” — by incorporating the most fabulously filthy jumbo game-worn swatches imaginable for the Down & Dirty Booklets.
Add it all up and you’ve got the makings of another bona fide best-seller for the all-hit product that promises four autograph or memorabilia cards in every four-card pack (two booklet cards, at least one autographed version, one additional autograph and one other hit).
2013 Playbook Football’s table of compelling contents reads something like this:
- Rookies Booklet Signatures: Booklet Rookie Cards of the 40 players who attended the 2013 NFLPA Rookie Premiere featuring player die-cuts along with two memorabilia swatches and an autograph.
- Playbook Booklet Signatures: Autographed booklets from current NFL stars highlighted by one-of-one autographed printing plate, NFL Shield and Nike Swoosh versions.
- Down & Dirty Booklets: Featuring unwashed game-worn jerseys fresh from the field in all of their gritty glory; dirt-stained, grass-stained and outrageously good.
- Flywire Booklets: Rare one-of-one booklets featuring the NFL Shield and Nike’s Flywire collar taken from the game-worn jerseys of today’s top stars.
- Playbook Coaches Signature Booklets: Unique booklet cards featuring signatures from some of the most influential coaches in NFL history.
- Rookie-Drawn Play Booklets: Each of the 40 rookies who attended the 2013 NFLPA Rookie Premiere sketched out and signed their own favorite plays that give them the best opportunity to make an impact in the game.
- Base Signatures: Look for Gold versions, Green versions and Black versions sequentially numbered to 10 or less.
We’ll have much more on 2013 Playbook Football right here on The Knight’s Lance as the story unfolds. But until then, enjoy this extended first look at the product.