Elite Baseball, one of the sport's most endearing brands, is gearing up for another season intent on becoming just a little more . . . elite. Set for a late-June release, 2015 Elite Baseball will deliver the traditional bells and whistles collectors have come to expect from the brand (such as Passing the Torch Signatures, Throwback Threads and plenty of parallels); but it will also make history as Panini America's first baseball release to feature top prospects, veterans and legends in their college uniforms.
Elite Baseball, one of the sport’s most endearing brands, is gearing up for another season intent on becoming just a little more . . . elite. Set for a late-June release, 2015 Elite Baseball will deliver the traditional bells and whistles collectors have come to expect from the brand (such as Passing the Torch Signatures, Throwback Threads and plenty of parallels); but it will also make history as Panini America’s first baseball release to feature top prospects, veterans and legends in their college uniforms.
2015 Elite Baseball features a 200-card base set that includes veterans, rookies, retired legends and 15 current stars in their college uniforms. The product also boasts its normal array of die-cuts and six parallels numbered to 199 or less. Each hobby box (five cards per pack, 16 packs per box) will deliver four autograph or memorabilia cards.
Other highlights of the product include . . .
- Collegiate Legacy Signatures: This 25-card set features autographs of current and former players in their college uniforms. Look for a variety of names like Frank Thomas, Alex Gordon, Chris Sale, Kyle Schwarber and Carlos Rodon, each numbered to 75 or less.
- Passing the Torch Signatures: This classic insert returns to 2015 Elite Baseball with pairings like Vladamir Guerrero/Tim Raines, Reggie Jackson/Dustin Pedroia, Giancarlo Stanton/Paul Goldschmidt, Bo Jackson/Frank Thomas, Randy Johnson/Greg Maddux and more.
- Back 2 Back Jacks: Find teammates and other slugger combos (Buster Posey/Hunter Pence, Nelson Cruz/Robinson Cano, Cal Ripken/George Brett and more) in this 10-card set that also features short-printed Prime and Premium 1/1 parallels.
- Elite Series: This star studded 25-card lineup includes some of the most collectible names in the industry, featuring the likes of Bryce Harper, Ichiro, Jose Abreu, Yasiel Puig, Mike Trout and Clayton Kershaw. Look for Prime parallels numbered to 25 or less.
- Throwback Threads: A loaded list of legends (including Barry Bonds, Pete Rose, Nolan Ryan and more) graces this 10-card set paralleled by Prime and Premium 1/1 versions.
- Collegiate Elite: Featuring some of the best players to ever put on a college uniform, Collegite Elite tells the story of 15
superstar players. Look for Gold and Black parallels numbered to 25 and 1, respectively.
- Future Threads: Top young talent gets paired with jumbo jersey swatches in this 25-card insert. Look for 2014 Rookie
of the Year recipients Jose Abreu and Jacob deGrom, each numbered to 299 or less; also find short-printed Prime parallels.
- We’ll have plenty more on 2015 Elite Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, enjoy this extended first look.
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.
0 Replies to “Panini America Offers Detailed First Look at 2015 Elite Baseball (Preview Gallery)”
Awesome! Love that Griffey. Sharing on the blog!
Passing the Torch is back? Awesome! Such a collectable set from year’s past, it’ll be interesting to see what new innovations are brought to the 2015 version. Thanks Tracy!